2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 23, 2016, 04:13:53 PM
Maybe it was a clause in the Bradford trade
LOL. 

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's that our O-line is simply shit (and losing both starting tackles for the season obviously didn't help).  Has been for the last 2-3 years now.  Those guys can't block an opposing front four, even if the latter were Smurfs. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Geno Smith may have caught a break yesterday.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

airboy

I love ESPN's "Bottom 10."  We have two exceptional games coming up. 

The first is the "Owl Bowl"
Speaking of FPI, why are we even wasting it on games that don't matter? Because here at Bottom 10 HQ there's only one game that matters, and that's the Nov. 5 Pillow Fight of the Century, aka the Owl Bowl, when FA(not I)U visits Rice. As of right now, FPI says Rice has the edge with a 62 percent chance of winning, but also says that the rest of us have a 100.8 percent chance of winning simply because the game is being played.

The second is the "Auntie Em Bowl" which does not involve K-State:
A friendly warning: Assuming we all come out of the Owl Bowl with our wits still intact, we need to immediately brace ourselves for what comes the very next weekend, when Iowa State travels to Kansas for the Auntie Em Bowl.

These are two pillow fights that we can look forward to.

JasonPratt

In related news, Tennessee did not begin struggling against their soft back-half of the season this past weekend.

And I didn't miss it. At all. :buck2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

NFL ratings are down 12% this year compared to last.  Seton Hall University commissioned a poll and the leading reason given for the decline was the national anthem protests.

See: http://blogs.shu.edu/sportspoll/2016/10/27/nfl-tv-ratings-down-fans-cite-a-host-of-factors-led-by-national-anthem-protests/

airboy

Missouri got pounded again - this time by Kentucky.  They have imploded after their politically correct hissy fit.  The University has had a massive decrease in both ticket sales and donations (athletic and otherwise) since their implosion several years ago.

bayonetbrant

Dave Doeren is going to get fired.  Get pantsed by Louisville the weekend after your push Clemson to the limit?  Sure.  Lose to BC the next week?  He's done.  It's been too many years of mediocre results.

airboy

Auburn won at Ole Miss.
Dook lost.
UNC won the bye week.

Good football weekend.

airboy

SEC East seems to be much weaker than the West again.  I was surprised Tennessee lost to the Gamechickens. 
Kentucky is in 2nd place in the SEC East behind Florida??????

bayonetbrant

Local paper thinks it's time for a change at NC State, too
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article111377152.html

What's funny is that even in the face of mediocre results, the Internet Comment Brigade still wants to kill the messenger by just painting the author as a UNC cheerleader out to get NC State.

Bison

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus