2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

North Carolina and Duke are putting on a pretty good show tonight.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

I don't think the same can be said of Baltimore and Cleveland.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

DoctorQuest

Oh. Darn. I don't get the NFL network. I am heartbroken and miserable. What will I do?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

mirth

Quote from: DoctorQuest on November 10, 2016, 10:37:42 PM
Oh. Darn. I don't get the NFL network. I am heartbroken and miserable. What will I do?

Enjoy your life?
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

airboy

Quote from: DoctorQuest on November 10, 2016, 10:04:38 PM
North Carolina and Duke are putting on a pretty good show tonight.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Evil won.  They had the devils face on their helmets.

Football season is over.  This was a bad year.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

DoctorQuest

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Chaos in college yesterday... 5 of the top 10 lost and all but one to unranked teams. Louisville's shot at the playoff is looking better
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 13, 2016, 06:39:19 AM
Chaos in college yesterday... 5 of the top 10 lost and all but one to unranked teams. Louisville's shot at the playoff is looking better

To coin a phrase: "This is why they play the games."

And I love it when the experts are wrong.

Bison

I didn't watch any football this weekend seems as though I missed out.

mirth

Pats/Seahawks tonight. One of the few NFL games worth watching this season (maybe).

mirth

This was an interesting read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/sports/football/nfl-tv-ratings-shorter-games-fewer-commercials.html

I'm all for shorter games and fewer ads. A decent on field product would be nice too.

mirth

Heh. And Dallas/Pittsburgh later. One of the few times I'm a Cowboys fan :P