2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Wow, Houston hired/promoted Applewhite to head coach over hiring Kippen.  Especially when Kippen thought the job was his. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Applewhite has waaaaaaaaay more Texas connections than Kiffin does.

Hell, if Mack Brown had been more enamored or Applewhite's ability than Simms's name, he might've had another nat'l title or two
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

I'm glad to see Applewhite get a shot. I've never been sold on Kiffin and Applewhite does indeed have the Texas bloodlines.

bayonetbrant

Side note: back in high school in Baton Rouge, Applewhite was the QB of the scout team his freshman year, handing off to future NFL RB Travis Minor, and throwing to TE Will Stirling, my cousin. The reason Minor wasn't starting was he was stuck behind Warwick Dunn
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

As long as nobody confuses Marshall with Major.

Bison

I like the Applewhite promotion too. 

MetalDog

Quote from: Steelgrave on December 09, 2016, 03:08:56 PM
I'm glad to see Applewhite get a shot. I've never been sold on Kiffin and Applewhite does indeed have the Texas bloodlines.

As much as I admired and respected his daddy, I loathe the son.  I was totally against his becoming OC at 'Bama.  But, you gotta give it to him.  He knows what to do with talent.  He may be the play caller for threepeat National Champions.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Ohio State DC Fickell is Cincinnati's new head coach. 

bayonetbrant

If you watch Army - Navy, you get Verne's last football game

Airborne Rifles

Go Army! For the love of all that is holy, Beat Navy!

OJsDad

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!  The Sith won.   :hide:

Well, i guess after losing 14 in a row they were bound to win one.

bayonetbrant

Bison

BanzaiCat

I figured out the wife's surprise gift for the family...she wanted to tell me but I told her no. She ordered some K-State t-shirts off of Amazon, which I thought was weird but figured it was part of whatever she was doing. Then Thursday morning I heard K-State is playing A&M here in Houston in the some-corporate-shill-name bowl, so yep, we're all going to see the game on 12/28. Should be fun, haven't seen K-State play a game live in a long time.