2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on December 12, 2016, 08:37:35 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on December 12, 2016, 03:09:13 PM
I saw a report that claimed Harbaugh my be heading for the Rams.  I find that hard to believe, but stranger things have happened.

If he does, it may be after the next sacrifice coach is done.

I'd be surprised if Harbaugh left Michigan, but I suppose for enough money a professional team could lure him away from his reported dream job.

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on December 12, 2016, 10:01:01 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 12, 2016, 08:37:35 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on December 12, 2016, 03:09:13 PM
I saw a report that claimed Harbaugh my be heading for the Rams.  I find that hard to believe, but stranger things have happened.

If he does, it may be after the next sacrifice coach is done.

I'd be surprised if Harbaugh left Michigan, but I suppose for enough money a professional team could lure him away from his reported dream job.

I'd be surprised, too,actually.  Harbaugh strikes me as the kind of guy who would get off on being an "institution."  But let me paint you a picture: Michigan loses more than it wins against Ohio State, gets its head kicked in by 'Bama the one time they do make the playoff and the loyal press starts to grumble a bit when he verbally slaps them around after some tough losses.  All this is contingent on whether the next coach of the Rams and ownership can agree on another new franchise quarterback and beef up the roster at the outside skill positions.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

From what I'm hearing, Harbaugh's getting a lot of pressure from the boosters.  I think that pressure has more to do with not beating OSU than anything else, especially this year, when I think he had the best team on the field during the OSU game and that lose cost them a shot at the national championship.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: OJsDad on December 13, 2016, 08:01:49 AMFrom what I'm hearing, Harbaugh's getting a lot of pressure from the boosters.  I think that pressure has more to do with not beating OSU than anything else, especially this year, when I think he had the best team on the field during the OSU game and that lose cost them a shot at the national championship.

Michigan are idiots if they run him away.

I can see him being pissed about the playoff, or officiating, or anything else, but the boosters?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 12, 2016, 11:29:45 AM
OK, now this if totally freaking hilarious

https://twitter.com/captandrewluck?lang=en
Ha, absolutely wonderful!  The videos to the tune of "Ashokan Fairwell" are a nice touch.  ;D 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 13, 2016, 09:08:56 AM
Michigan are idiots if they run him away.

I cannot disagree with you on this.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

https://theringer.com/the-best-college-football-players-not-named-lamar-jackson-757784c8e3a2#.9ouhho1ts

The part about John Ross was hilarious

"Great play by Browning"

The Johnathan Allen segment to the Superman theme was funny, too

"He was the best player on the best team in college football. That normally wins you the Heisman, but defense is confusing."
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

I watched Allen launch himself live.  It was crazy when I saw it and got crazier after they replayed it.  He should be special at the next level, too.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

BanzaiCat

Any chance the Browns will change their name and rebrand themselves?

Bison

mirth

8 straight division championships. Now if we can just clone Tom Brady...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant