2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well that wraps up the season and the only bowl game worth watching this year. 

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on December 29, 2016, 12:51:56 AM

Well that wraps up the season and the only bowl game worth watching this year.

That game was flippin' GREAT!

We walked all the way the hell up to the top sections of NRG Stadium when some guys came up to us and said 'hey, can we upgrade your tickets courtesy of K-State?' We were in the nosebleeds but they gave us five tickets for free for a section just above the lower bowl. And front row in the section, too, which was awesome; I've never sat in a front row seat before at a football game. SO nice to not have people in front of us.

The game was terrific entertainment. I thought it would be a blowout either way, but it went right down to the wire.  O0

Bison

Some day you'll have to let the wife relive Bill Snyder Family Stadium.  Nothing better than 50,000 K-State fans rocking the fight song and wabash cannonball.

airboy

Banzai- Cat - excellent seat upgrade!  :bd:

Brant - NCSU beat Vandy.  Why no comment?

So far the ACC is doing pretty well.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on December 29, 2016, 11:23:53 AM
Some day you'll have to let the wife relive Bill Snyder Family Stadium.  Nothing better than 50,000 K-State fans rocking the fight song and wabash cannonball.

My wife saw plenty of games in Manhattan - she went to K-State. Graduated in '88, I think.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on December 29, 2016, 03:37:02 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 29, 2016, 11:23:53 AM

My wife saw plenty of games in Manhattan - she went to K-State. Graduated in '88, I think.

That was like 30 years ago.  Sounds to me like you owe her a vacation game.

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 29, 2016, 04:23:46 PM
Quote from: airboy on December 29, 2016, 12:37:02 PM
Brant - NCSU beat Vandy.  Why no comment?

I'm still drunk

Did Vanderbilt even have a winning record this season?

bayonetbrant

They both went into the game 6-6. One came out with a winning record; the other did not :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on December 29, 2016, 04:24:51 PM

That was like 30 years ago.  Sounds to me like you owe her a vacation game.

Oh, she's been a few times over the years. She has friends that still live there.

I haven't seen a K-State game since Martin Grammatica kicked for them.

bayonetbrant

Y'all missed a serious comeback in the ARK-VT game.
If you'd turned it off at halftime you thought ARK was running away with it.
At one point early in the third quarter, VT had forced 3 turnovers in 10 plays and turned them into 21 points before going on to win 35-24 in a game that wasn't even that close.

from the ESPN wrap-up of it
QuoteOver the past 10 seasons, teams were 3-902 when trailing by at least 24 points. Arkansas, meanwhile, is just 21-8 since 2013 when leading at intermission, which ranks 104th in FBS.

Earlier this season, Virginia Tech (10-4) came back from a 17-0 deficit to beat Notre Dame. It nearly overcame a two-touchdown deficit in the ACC championship game against Clemson. The last time the Hokies were shut out at halftime in a bowl game, they came back to win, too.

Thursday's 24-point comeback victory is the third-largest of the 2016 season and largest in Hokies history.

Bison

I'm going to watch the Washington and Alabama game.  I'll be pulling for Washington, but I think they've been way overrated all season.  Hopefully it won't be a huge blowout.  And I'll be cheering on Clemson, because I don't think OSU deserved to be picked over the actual conference champion.  And no I don't care if they are the "better" team.  They should have won both against Penn State and the Big 10 championship.  They didn't and the NCAA undermined their conferences and championship games in the process of forcing OSU into the playoff.

MetalDog

I'm going to watch the Washington and Alabama game.  I'll be pulling for Alabama, but I think they've been way underrated all season.  Hopefully it will be a huge blowout.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

I think Washington will give Bama a better game, but Bama will win by no less than two touchdowns.  A win by Bama by four or more touchdowns won't surprise me though.

The OSU-Clemson game I think will be a lot closer.  I'm thinking less than a single touchdown will decide the game. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on December 31, 2016, 12:36:54 PM
I'm going to watch the Washington and Alabama game.  I'll be pulling for Alabama, but I think they've been way underrated all season.  Hopefully it will be a huge blowout.

I'm hoping 2016 ends in a flood of Alabama fan tears.