2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on December 31, 2016, 12:44:00 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 31, 2016, 12:36:54 PM
I'm going to watch the Washington and Alabama game.  I'll be pulling for Alabama, but I think they've been way underrated all season.  Hopefully it will be a huge blowout.

I'm hoping 2016 ends in a flood of Alabama fan tears.

Says every fan of teams that can never hope to achieve what Alabama has achieved.  That's ok though.  Sour grapes from haters is what all the greats have to endure.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on December 31, 2016, 12:35:13 PMThey didn't and the NCAA undermined their conferences and championship games in the process of forcing OSU into the playoff.

The NCAA doesn't run the committee.  D-IA / FBS football is the one 'championship' that the NCAA doesn't run.

The rest of the point is still mostly valid, though.

Of course, last time they let a team that didn't even win their division, much less their conference, into the playoff, the OK State got screwed b/c 'Bama got in and got their undeserved rematch against LSU.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on December 31, 2016, 12:49:53 PM
I'm going to watch the Washington and Alabama game.  I'll be pulling for Alabama, but I think they've been way underrated all season.  Hopefully it will be a huge blowout.

Says every fan of teams that can never hope to achieve what Alabama has achieved.  That's ok though.  Sour grapes from haters is what all the greats have to endure.

And some people are championship bandwagoneers, but we all have our reasons.  :P

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 31, 2016, 01:04:58 PM
Quote from: Bison on December 31, 2016, 12:35:13 PMThey didn't and the NCAA undermined their conferences and championship games in the process of forcing OSU into the playoff.

The NCAA doesn't run the committee.  D-IA / FBS football is the one 'championship' that the NCAA doesn't run.

The rest of the point is still mostly valid, though.

Of course, last time they let a team that didn't even win their division, much less their conference, into the playoff, the OK State got screwed b/c 'Bama got in and got their undeserved rematch against LSU.

Which I guess is really my point, why would the NCAA undermine their own product?

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on December 31, 2016, 01:11:38 PM

And some people are championship bandwagoneers, but we all have our reasons.  :P

If by "bandwagoneers," you mean, "fan since I was born," then, you are spot on!   :bd:

Bison

Quote from: MetalDog on December 31, 2016, 01:44:22 PM

If by "bandwagoneers," you mean, "fan since I was born," then, you are spot on!   :bd:

No one from Connecticut is raised a 'bama fan!

OJsDad

MD, let hate and be jealous all day long while you bask in the glory of those national championships that they'll never have!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

Quote from: Bison on December 31, 2016, 01:50:06 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on December 31, 2016, 01:44:22 PM

No one from Connecticut is raised a 'bama fan!

They are if their Paw Paw is from there ;)

MetalDog

Quote from: OJsDad on December 31, 2016, 02:13:01 PM
MD, let hate and be jealous all day long while you bask in the glory of those national championships that they'll never have!

QFT and HELL'S YEAH!!

OJsDad

Bama's D is the difference in the game so far, accounting for 10 points.  But, Washington D is stifling Bama O.  Lets see who makes the needed adjustments at half.

Great job by both bands for Nation Anthem!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: OJsDad on December 31, 2016, 04:49:44 PM
But, Washington D is stifling Bama O.

Not so much, apparently.  ;D

Bison

Washington's defense was surprisingly good, but their vaunted offense not so much.  Great game by the Rolling Elephant defense.

OJsDad

That was the most embarrassed I've ever been of the buckeye s.

Bison

They were not...uh...good at all. 

bayonetbrant

QuoteIt was the first time Ohio State had been shut out since 1993 (vs. Michigan), the first time Urban Meyer had been shutout in his head coaching career, and the first time Ohio State had been shutout in a bowl game since Woodrow Wilson was president.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers