2016 Running Football Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, February 28, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

They beat the Raiders. Not exactly the '67 Green Bay Packers. Hope they enjoy it because the Pats are next and Brady's letting air out of his balls right now.

I'm kind of thinking that Clemson will beat the Tide tomorrow night. Alabama been playing shitty in the first halves of their games and their offense did terrible against Washington. Plus Clemson's got the revenge factor going for them. Still, I got to believe Nick will have their asses chewed up to their necks to get them ready. Should be a great one.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

OJsDad

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 08, 2017, 10:39:28 PM
I'm kind of thinking that Clemson will beat the Tide tomorrow night. Alabama been playing shitty in the first halves of their games and their offense did terrible against Washington. Plus Clemson's got the revenge factor going for them. Still, I got to believe Nick will have their asses chewed up to their necks to get them ready. Should be a great one.

+1.

Pulling for Clemson this year. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

bayonetbrant

well...  that was about as dramatic as you're gonna get.  Congrats to Clemson.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

I had 9 guys over for BCS poker tonight in Auburn, AL.  Even the big poker losers were very happy!  My wife set up the TVs so everyone could see one of the two TVs around the table.  I made chili, cornbread muffins, and cookies.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Congrats to the Clemson Tigers!  From my understanding, a helluva game.  Unfortunately, last I knew, it was 24-21 Bama.  I fell asleep in my chair listening to the game on the internet ( I cut my cable in the summer and don't have ESPN ).
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Sounds like a missed a great second half.  Went to bed at half time.  Just not enough vested in either team to stay up that late on a work night.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

This season, Clemson beat the last 7 national champs.

Sir Slash

The game didn't end until 12:20 am and was worth every late-night moment of it. A classic.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: OJsDad on January 10, 2017, 08:46:38 AM
Sounds like a missed a great second half.  Went to bed at half time.  Just not enough vested in either team to stay up that late on a work night.

Me, too. I'm glad Clemson won but they needed to do it without me.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

SirAndrewD

Ah the day after a Bama bowl loss in Alabama. 

Time to drive down the street and gawk at all the broken flat screens left on the curb.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

airboy

Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 10, 2017, 06:35:24 PM

Time to drive down the street and gawk at all the broken flat screens left on the curb.

Not in Auburn.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: airboy on January 10, 2017, 06:36:35 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on January 10, 2017, 06:35:24 PM

Not in Auburn.

Don't have to tell me.  I'm an Auburn grad.   ;)
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Was that YOU driving down my street Andrew? You ran-over one of my plastic flamingoes!