Batman vs Superman Trailer Leaked Online...

Started by BanzaiCat, April 17, 2015, 09:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

It would be VERY difficult to top Gene Hackman's Lex Luthor. Doesn't matter who it is they get to play this 'new' version.

I'm thinking that last scene with WW's appearance is going to be the very last scene in the movie. Perfect cliffhanger fodder to make people want to see the next one.

I'll check this out when the time comes. I'm over Affleck playing Batman and might be somewhat sold on him being able to stay in the ring more than five seconds with Superman (it IS a movie, after all)...but this little dork playing Luthor...uh, not sure I can get behind that. Unless they were going for an annoying little millennial twat to appeal to an audience of like people, which is probably the intent.

Where's the China pandering, by the way? Surely there's some kind of Hong Kong or China tie-in here, because they always do that to appeal to that market.

eyebiter

Saw the new trailer in the theater, looks good.  It revealed too many spoilers for the movie.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

I gotta admit, seeing Bats successfully block Supe's right hook was pretty rad. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

mirth

Jeremy Irons as Alfred is pretty awesome.

That warehouse fight scene looked like it could have come out of one of the Arkham games.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bbmike

Which is why I don't own any of the Arkham games. I can't imagine using a controller or keyboard or mouse to do all of that.  :buck2:
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Staggerwing

Quote from: Martok on February 13, 2016, 03:02:46 PM
I gotta admit, seeing Bats successfully block Supe's right hook was pretty rad.

Is the Bat-Powersuit made of Red Kryptonite or something?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bbmike on February 13, 2016, 05:40:47 PM
Which is why I don't own any of the Arkham games. I can't imagine using a controller or keyboard or mouse to do all of that.  :buck2:

The keyboard & mouse combo worked better than I ever dared hope in Shadow of Mordor, whose combat is pretty much the same, for what it's worth.

mirth

The combat system in the Arkham games is pretty forgiving. It's not too hard to pull of most of the combos (and I say that as a piss poor player at fighting games). At least at the normal difficulty. I wouldn't dare try anything more challenging than that :P

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bbmike on February 13, 2016, 05:40:47 PM

One button for strikes, one button for counters. That's it. And you get advance warning of strikes, so you know when to counter.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bbmike on February 14, 2016, 10:43:31 PM
Do you guys work for Steam?

We simply want you you feel like a badass Batman. Everyone should have the chance to do so!  :)

Huw the Poo

Arctic's right though.  The combat isn't necessarily easy, but it's simple, which makes it possible with mouse & keyboard.  One of the best things about the Batman games (and Shadow of Mordor) is that you can pull off ridiculous combos and look like the world's best beat-em-upper with just a couple of clicks.

mirth

That's really the bedrock of the Arkham games - they make you feel like a badass Batman. It isn't a frigging chore to wail on some thugs. You might need to be a bit sharper in the boss fights, but the generic bad guys are your Bat punching bags.

BanzaiCat

I'm like mirth in that I suck at fighting games...and on top of that I don't even like them. I just never saw the attraction of a game like MK or Street Fighter or that kind of thing.

But, I do have the first Batman game (can't recall its title offhand, I don't have Steam open right now), and it gave me several hours of enjoyment. Very simple to play, as everyone has said, and there's enough variety so that the simplicity does not become mind-numbing.