1830 via Rails

Started by rstites25, October 04, 2016, 08:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l'amour

I bid $220. I definitely know what I'm doing here.

Woodall

Well, I read the B&O private is the worst thing ever, so $225.

rstites25

l'amour

Woodall

rstites25

l'amour

Min then, is it? Good. That's great. I think that's good.

One more bloody company left and then we can do the rest of the game.
Woodall is up to do something.

Woodall

Suppose I might as well buy it. No access to the module right now.

rstites25

Since you get the President's share of the B&O (major) with the purchase of the B&O (private), you need to set the Par price as well.

$100 is typical (sometimes $90), from what I understand. But if you want to start the B&O in the follow on stock round, you'll need to make sure you set the par price so that you have enough cash to purchase four more shares--but that may not be possible. We start with $480 IIRC and you just spent $220 on the private, leaving you with $260 left. With that much cash remaining, the max par price you could set it for and guarantee it floats is $65, but the lowest par value is $67.

You probably wouldn't want to set Par for it that low anyway, because you would've essentially paid $220 for 2 shares worth a total $134 (plus the 1-time $30 payment you'd receive for the B&O private operating once). As it is, since the B&O private lasts until the B&O major has a train, you can set the Par high and collect $30 per operating round for the private (which will be much, much better than any share of stock will be producing initially) and then start the B&O a little later.

Woodall

Let's set it at $100. This ain't no discount railroad. Classy shares for classy people.  :coolsmiley:

Woodall

I clicked a button. Well, two. Start of Stock Round 1!

Woodall

Also, Brant is supposed to be fixing the .rails issue for us. Should make this a bit less work.

rstites25

I bought the president's share of the PRR and parred it for $67. Chris is up.

bayonetbrant

Try the .rails extension now and see what you get
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

rstites25

I used it in the post above you. It works.  :)

Thank you, sir.