Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArizonaTank

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 03, 2022, 06:49:01 PM
oh they're going nuclear again.... must be that time of the week again.

It seems the political entertainers on Russian talking head TV seem to fetishize nuking Britain. Just seems strange that I hear more "nuke the UK" vs. "nuke the USA."
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: ArizonaTank on September 03, 2022, 07:34:13 PM
It seems the political entertainers on Russian talking head TV seem to fetishize nuking Britain. Just seems strange that I hear more "nuke the UK" vs. "nuke the USA."

Way older historical beefs I would guess.

Even when they were allies they didn't like each other.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Con

SirAndrewD

I looked into the statement....yep  "Anglo-Saxons". 

That's the big Russian driving conspiracy theory right now.  Nikolai Patrushev, Putin's intelligence and others have made official policy that the world's issues go back to an Anglo-Saxon conspiracy that is being organized for their own domination of the world.  The Anglo-Saxons are, essentially, barbarians that have manipulated Germany and made the US their instrument for their vile quest for world domination. 

Of course the center of his axis of evil is London.  Ukraine is their latest target to install an Anglo-Saxon dominated pro-Nazi regime.

Pretty much just take 30's anti-Jewish rhetoric and replace it with Anglo Saxons.  Putin has grown to buy into this pretty heavily.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Crossroads

Let us be honest here, who among us would not love to learn "what airdefence doing"? Enlist now  \m/

https://twitter.com/SlavaUk30722777/status/1566126869761896448
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Last night's 24 hour news digest:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

FarAway Sooner

Given the tone of this guy's content, wouldn't the Russians have lost the war within about two weeks?  I'll freely admit to not watching them, but the headlines...  Sheesh!

bobarossa

And who watches a 2+ hour show every day? Especially when there's no hot women in it!

JasonPratt

The shows are sometimes more like 10 minutes, but the digests tend to run 1.5 hours. (Minus a 12 minute countdown in front.) The rest of the time are the hosts discussing questions from the chat.

I tend to watch (or listen to) them on 2x speed and skip out when Zelensky's speech for the day starts.

I've noted the clickbaity titles, before, too.

MengJiao

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on September 05, 2022, 01:25:45 PM
Given the tone of this guy's content, wouldn't the Russians have lost the war within about two weeks?  I'll freely admit to not watching them, but the headlines...  Sheesh!

Didn't they already lose it in the first few hours?  Last February?

SirAndrewD

Haha, I was about to say.  I half expect the next Enforcer video to be titled "Ukrainians reach Red Square" and it be about some Uk protesters getting arrested at the Kremlin. 

Still I do sometimes watch his videos. 

I like Denys Davydov's videos myself.  He also does some clickbait titles but he's an easy digest while cooking dinner.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: bobarossa on September 05, 2022, 02:05:39 PM
And who watches a 2+ hour show every day? Especially when there's no hot women in it!

While not a "visual," thing, long-form podcasts are my jam and no one does them like Dan Carlin.  2+ hours in one chapter of a multi-part series?  Yes, please!

(Drachinfel's YouTube stuff - when he's doing naval deep dives - is my next go-to for such things)

JasonPratt

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 05, 2022, 02:40:36 PM
I like Denys Davydov's videos myself.  He also does some clickbait titles but he's an easy digest while cooking dinner.

Yep, i watch him, too!  :bd:

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.