New toy - S&W K-22 Outdoorsman

Started by al_infierno, March 15, 2022, 04:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

S&W K-22 Outdoorsman, ordered this from Goodmanguns, a dude in Montana who has a ton of cool historical oddities.  It's a variant they produced for a short time in the '30s, so the only reason it's even California legal is 'cause it's 50+ years old so it's a "curio/relic," otherwise it would have to be on the stupid handgun roster.

I actually wanted his 1901 Spanish-American War Colt Army .38, but someone else snagged it just before me, so I settled on this instead. 

Just got this in the other day and it's in absolutely beautiful condition.  Love me an old Smith & Wesson.  My dad has the modern version of this with a newer frame, so it'll be interesting to take them both out to the range and compare.

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

I never pegged you as a gun guy. Your stock just went up significantly.  :clap:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

al_infierno

;D  I take after my dad, he's a Texan with an overflowing gun vault in the garage so I grew up with a healthy appreciation.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Quote from: al_infierno on March 15, 2022, 05:20:02 PM
;D  I take after my dad, he's a Texan with an overflowing gun vault in the garage so I grew up with a healthy appreciation.

Oh my God...I never pegged you to have Texan blood coursing through your veins either...keep it up and you'll end up as a beneficiary in my Last Will and Testament.  :bd:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 15, 2022, 05:34:40 PM
]

Oh my God...I never pegged you to have Texan blood coursing through your veins either...keep it up and you'll end up as a beneficiary in my Last Will and Testament.  :bd:

Guess I'll have to start a thread showing off my Colt SAA and Spencer along with my black powder wall whilst telling of my 5 generations of Texas family history.

I want some of that Jarhead money.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

al_infierno

Quote from: SirAndrewD on March 15, 2022, 05:54:34 PM

Guess I'll have to start a thread showing off my Colt SAA and Spencer along with my black powder wall

Please do!  :notworthy:

- MengJiao

Sigwolf

That is in amazing condition.  Congratulations on getting it.

Toonces

Dogs and cats living together? 

What's going on in here?!   :o
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Dammit Carl!

Sweet purchase there, man. Loves me some revolvers, I do.

Actually, I adore blued metal and wood - no black guns in my house!

-Swede Mauser Carbine for the ultimate niche firearm, and a Martini-Henry above the fireplace.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on March 15, 2022, 07:39:52 PM
Sweet purchase there, man. Loves me some revolvers, I do.

Actually, I adore blued metal and wood - no black guns in my house!

-Swede Mauser Carbine for the ultimate niche firearm, and a Martini-Henry above the fireplace.

Out of 22 handguns in my collection, only a single one is a wheel gun and I inherited it from my father...a Ruger GP100.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

JH accidentally creates his version of tinder.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

W8taminute

Quote from: Toonces on March 15, 2022, 07:25:56 PM
Dogs and cats living together? 

What's going on in here?!   :o

I've got a dog and 2 cats living together in my house! 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

solops

Looks a lot like my S&W 586. My wife's Glock 9mm might be considered a "better" defense weapon, but I just can't feel for it like I can for the S&W.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin