IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Stalingrad Discussion

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 28, 2013, 06:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigwolf

It certainly appears it is just an advertisement for the previously released Normandy.  Very odd, but there is no new content listed in the store.

Jarhead0331

It was probably just released on Steam today. It's been available in early access through the BoX store for awhile.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

That makes a lot of sense! -- I had completely forgotten they'd logically want to offer it through their own store first.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sigwolf

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on January 16, 2023, 03:02:46 PMIt was probably just released on Steam today. It's been available in early access through the BoX store for awhile.
Nope... Normandy released on Steam on September 29 (came out of early access at the BoX store at the beginning of September).  It was even discounted 25% during the holiday sale.

The news post yesterday is still unexplained, and odd.

SirAndrewD

Big news!

Flying Circus Vol II released today with the long promised and delayed WWI career mode!

They also announced Flying Circus Vol III, which is a bit of a surprise.  After some of the shakeups at 1C I was concerned about the potential future of the Flying Circus brand. 

Looks like Volume III will finally start covering the early war crates.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Father Ted

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 03, 2023, 11:50:59 AMBig news!

Flying Circus Vol II released today with the long promised and delayed WWI career mode!

They also announced Flying Circus Vol III, which is a bit of a surprise.  After some of the shakeups at 1C I was concerned about the potential future of the Flying Circus brand. 

Lots in the community viewed the "shake ups" as a very positive move

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Father Ted on April 03, 2023, 12:43:17 PMLots in the community viewed the "shake ups" as a very positive move

It may very well be.  Seeing FC2 released absolutely bodes well 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

SirAndrewD

Wow, not only was Flying Circus III announced, but so was Flying Circus IV with these planes...

British Sopwith Pup fighter.
British rear-engine fighter Airco DH.2.
British two-seat reconnaissance Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter.
German fighter Albatros D.III.
German Fokker E.III monoplane fighter.
German two-seat reconnaissance Roland C.IIa.

FC 3 is due this year, FC4 next. 

So between III and IV that will cover most of the Rise of Flight machines and the new Western Front map has the battlespace covered. 

I am so happy to have single player career in VR finally.   It's looking like it's time to finally uninstall Rise of Flight.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: SirAndrewD on April 03, 2023, 04:23:26 PMWow, not only was Flying Circus III announced, but so was Flying Circus IV with these planes...

FC 3 is due this year, FC4 next. 

So between III and IV that will cover most of the Rise of Flight machines and the new Western Front map has the battlespace covered. 

Yeah...time to upgrade, I guess.

Destraex

Everytime I see FC3 I think flaming cliffs 3! :) Acronyms are dangerous.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"