Feedback on Crusader Kings II AAR

Started by bayonetbrant, August 27, 2012, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: TheCommandTent on October 17, 2012, 09:27:43 PM
Sad to see Oberto get his head crushed in, good thing you had a son to keep it in the family.

yup, theres no coming back from a mashed head - its just a question of time

besilarius

Is there any status on this AAR?  Was really enjoying it, and would love to see how it concludes.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bayonetbrant

waiting for UCG's hand to heal so's he can finish all his, uh...  "typing" ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Nefaro

bayonetbrant

it's a good read.  Sometimes I forget I'm supposed to be setting up HTML and read instead
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on December 30, 2012, 03:17:14 PM
it's a good read.  Sometimes I forget I'm supposed to be setting up HTML and read instead

Can't blame you it is an entertaining read!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

Great stuff, Geek - you could flesh it out a bit and make it into a book - I'd buy it mate, honest!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

lol - its coming along nicely now as the territory and family expand - it only gets better for the Di Parmas

bayonetbrant

TheCommandTent

Wow it is not safe to be Di Parma relative. ;)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

OK - it's still Thursday in Hawaii, so it's still AARsday and we got part 14 of CKII up for your enjoyment

Martok

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 21, 2013, 10:19:38 PM
OK - it's still Thursday in Hawaii, so it's still AARsday and we got part 14 of CKII up for your enjoyment
Great update ucg!  Glad to see the di Parmas' sense of humor remains fully intact.  :D 

@brant:  Not sure if you were aware of this, but...  On the left side of the front page (under "Articles"), the first part of the CK2 AAR link (the part that says "Crusader Kings II") erroneously links to part 10.  Only the second part of the link ("AAR, Part 14") actually links to part 14. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: Martok on February 23, 2013, 06:12:32 AM
Great update ucg!  Glad to see the di Parmas' sense of humor remains fully intact.  :D 

@brant:  Not sure if you were aware of this, but...  On the left side of the front page (under "Articles"), the first part of the CK2 AAR link (the part that says "Crusader Kings II") erroneously links to part 10.  Only the second part of the link ("AAR, Part 14") actually links to part 14.

you do my heart glad Martok

i thought there was only me reading it!

thanks, its turning out to be a great game

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Martok on February 23, 2013, 06:12:32 AM@brant:  Not sure if you were aware of this, but...  On the left side of the front page (under "Articles"), the first part of the CK2 AAR link (the part that says "Crusader Kings II") erroneously links to part 10.  Only the second part of the link ("AAR, Part 14") actually links to part 14. 

yikes.

I'll get it fixed, but it might take a day or so - I have to help out w/ district Pinewood Derby today.

Martok

No worries, chief.  I just figured I ought to point it out so no one else would get confused.  :) 

Quote from: undercovergeek on February 23, 2013, 06:17:47 AM
Quote from: Martok on February 23, 2013, 06:12:32 AM

you do my heart glad Martok

i thought there was only me reading it!

thanks, its turning out to be a great game
I've not missed an update yet (although I'm sometimes a day or two late in reading it).  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces