Happy "extra long weekend" Friday

Started by Barthheart, April 17, 2014, 07:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I managed to finish-up, "The Hunters in the Mist", the 4th. battle of CMBN's Kampgruppe Engle campaign with a big win over the always tough Canadians. For once a big open map without all those damned hedgerows. A perfect place for an armored battle and we had a hell of one-- 48 Canadian AFV's including 24 tanks left in smoking ruin. The Canadian PIAT's and 50mm mortars are deadly, against armor or infantry. And my guys couldn't stop to take a piss without the Canuck arty shells landing all around them. But we got the win with about 40 total causalities and some beat-up tanks. Next up, more Canadians before we get to the Polish 1st Armored Div.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Nefaro on April 22, 2014, 09:38:00 AM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 22, 2014, 08:14:34 AM
Finished my second run through Arkham: Origins Sunday (and got back to Ethiopia at the tail end of WW1 last night, now up to early summer 1919). I had forgotten the game ends with the Joker composing a poem about Batman's "Cold, Cold Heart" while snow falls, so possibly the narrative DLC will also feature the Joker.

Hey JP...  which game are you playing for WW1?

Been pondering starting up an SC:WWI campaign soon, or perhaps Commander: The Great War if it gets a patch by then.

Darkest Hour, the latest official fan mod to HOI2:ArmaDD, and one of the only two Clausewitz engine games to officially attempt WW1. (The other being Vicky2, but that started too early for what I wanted to try, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to properly import the results into a WW2 timeline.)

The AAR in my sig runs to a nice stopping point narratively, though I'm continuing on with an expectation of starting the narrative up again in a few more game-years.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!