WW1 Vehicle Parade

Started by bob48, September 02, 2018, 02:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

l

You'll need to rewind it back to the start - I've no idea why it starts in the middle?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Steelgrave

Outstanding! And since I'm your friend, I won't even ask which one you rode into battle! 

Gusington

SCHWING!

What is that little armored car around the 2 minute mark?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

No idea at all - maybe a Daimler, but I wouldn't swear to it.

'Clip those corners'

bob48

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 02, 2018, 02:52:09 PM
Outstanding! And since I'm your friend, I won't even ask which one you rode into battle!

I was hiding with a nurse under one of the tarpaulin covers :-)

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

Just came from an actual car show in our town and then watched this with MiniGus 1. She says 'Thank you Sir Bawb.'

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

You're very welcome indeed :-)

An interesting story; My paternal grandfather lied about his age to get into the army in WW1, he was actually only 16. Anyway, he was badly wounded and returned home. After the war, one of the jobs he had was to drive a steam lorry and, according to my dad, in those days, it took 3 days to do the trip from Birmingham to Liverpool, a distance of only about 100 miles.

'Clip those corners'

Gusington

At the speeds those tractors were going I can believe it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

That is very cool- Thanks for posting it!

Quote from: bob48 on September 02, 2018, 02:41:28 PM

You'll need to rewind it back to the start - I've no idea why it starts in the middle?

It starts at the beginning for me. AFA the still image you see with the 'START' arrow- YT often uses a placeholder still from somewhere in the body of the vid rather than the first frame.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

airboy

Thanks - that was very interesting.  The Tank Museum in the UK has some of the armor, but I don't remember any steam lorries in the collection.

Greybriar

That is a very enlightening video. Thanks for sharing. O0
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

em2nought

Very interesting.  Posted it to my friend in heavy haul so he could see some "old" school heavy haul.

Nice to see an interesting tumble weed blow by.  ;)
Stolen elections have consequences.