Started by JudgeDredd, April 05, 2015, 01:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Well done Sir! And it was great to be able to meet up for a natter  O0
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Some photos of the trip. I didn't take many because the ride was taking so long...but where I stopped I tried to grab a snap or two.

Dinner before leaving (and meeting Bob and Den)

Ready....

A cruise liner docked

Go - this is actually the End (or start) of the Sea2Sea ride which we had done 3 years ago...a 150 mile ride over 3 days from Whitehaven to Newcastle

The first castle at Tynemouth

I look knackered there and I was only 12 miles in!

Seaton Sluice

Bamburgh Castle

No thanks

It looks stunning - and it was - but it felt quite cold. Temperature said 16, but with the wind (which was quite substantial), it felt more like 10!

Some locals

A local death - suicide apparently

Berwick walls - just across the river now...

Berwick Town Hall

First nights accommodation

Some refreshments after the first day

Home...well....nearly!

Wildlife

This was stunning. I went down a very, very steep hill and crossed a beautiful ford. Unfortunately, there was a very, very steep hill the other side and so a stop midway to take a picture was very welcome

30 miles to go I think - and some lunch

Deep fried breaded Brie

Home made burger and chips

Surprisingly upbeat - even though I was dead on my feet

Arthur's Seat in the distance

An old railway tunnel converted to a public walkway/cycleway - this was right next to Arthur's Seat

Unfortunately that does not mean 1 mile...it's Route 1 Cycleway of the National Cycle Network

Finished

On my way home....

Alba gu' brath

MetalDog

Thanks, JD for all the pics!  Looks like you had some fine weather, scenery, and fun.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Thank you.

That Scotland top is absolutely done in. I've cut the collar off. It's going threadbare at the back where the wee Scottish flag is and is basically just on it's last legs.

However, it's been worn for almost every day since I started cycling 6 years ago.

But there's another reason I don't want to let it go...I bought it on March 8th 2008 - my birthday when I went to my first ever rugby game...watching Scotland play England at Murrayfield which we won 15-9...and that was the last time we beat England.

So there's some sentimental value there. I've got other very smart rugby tops...an Aussie one, another 2 Scotland ones and a South African one...but that one has sentimental value.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

holy crap JD did you go on your own? no cycling buddies? thats hard core

some of your facial expressions are great, i love the one at the signpost marker - jeeeeesus!!!

and its a common mistake, but thats Bobs ship not a cruise liner - hes taking it for a spin to the US next year

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JudgeDredd

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2015, 01:53:36 PM

some of your facial expressions are great, i love the one at the signpost marker - jeeeeesus!!!

and its a common mistake, but thats Bobs ship not a cruise liner - hes taking it for a spin to the US next year
Yep on my own UCG. I can tell you - I had no idea how mentally draining it was going to be. I totally underestimated the lack of company and how hard that would be.
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on August 02, 2015, 02:19:51 PM
Quote from: undercovergeek on August 02, 2015, 01:53:36 PM

Yep on my own UCG. I can tell you - I had no idea how mentally draining it was going to be. I totally underestimated the lack of company and how hard that would be.

yeah, thats what surprised me - ten times harder on your own i would imagine

*%&%&$*ing well done you some more!!

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Arctic Blast

Great pics, JD! You came, you saw, you conquered.  8) 8)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers