Important Weather News

Started by solops, September 12, 2022, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Yeah. Good luck Florida peeps. This one looks really unpleasant.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

I hope everyone gets through this safely.

Good luck.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JasonPratt

I have several families in my family (on both sides) living in and around Tampa (and eastward into central FL below Orlando) -- plus at least three customers whom my family knows from work, in Tampa. So we're keeping an eye on things as the eye approaches. Flooding could be epic.

None of my family have moved out of the area for various reasons -- one family (of cousins) because they have a working beef farm and shouldn't abandon the cattle, the others because... well, Florida natives. ;) (2nd generation immigrants from Quebec. I'm 3rd gen on my father's side.)

Alas, one of my (late) father's sisters just learned that her oldest son, who lives north of New Orleans with his wife and kids, had a stroke yesterday morning (he's a few months younger than me); so naturally she (and her husband) are anxious to get there to see him, and now can't move until whenever.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

GDS_Starfury

yes thankfully.  though I do live in a mandatory evacuation zone.
was looking at elevation maps of my area and am 22 feet about sea level.
looked up my old place in Sarasota and its over 44 feet high.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

hope Slash left, Im not done annoying him yet.

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on September 28, 2022, 10:25:47 AM
fuuuuuuck

https://twitter.com/i/status/1575083552357879809

To quote Egg Shen from Big Trouble in Little China: "Now for the bad news: ready?!"  As bad as those wipes look, it's likely to be MUCH worse -- as far as I can tell, that's 'only' the storm surge.

If so, those water wipe images don't count the flooding from 10 to 24 inches of rain being dumped on the area over the next two days.

Nor the 10 to 24 inches of rain being dumped inland running back to the coast over the next two days.

Nor the 6 to 10 inches of rain being dumped inland north and south of the area, some of which will run back to this area of the coast over the next two days.

(None of my family live in the downflood + storm-surge areas, btw. Though my grandfather tried to farm the area now covered by Tampa International Airport. Being bought out, all those decades ago, was the best thing that ever happened to him...!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

GDS_Starfury

this is Tampa Bay right now, the rotation of the storm is pulling water into the Gulf.

JasonPratt

That guy out biking in the tsnunami-zone, might or might not be looking to pick up some free fish, but he's certainly angling for a Darwin Award!

W8taminute

Not to make light of this but meant more for something to cheer you all up.  Plus I couldn't resist a chance to quote a movie.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Kind of weird that instead of being in his truck on a dark and stormy night as the last scene (and last lines) of the film, the background shot comes from his attempt at infiltrating a brothel as a dweeby customer...

Though admittedly, soon afterward in that scene, the earth quakes, poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake!

(.....not for the obvious reason. ;) )

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)