Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia

Started by Martok, November 14, 2017, 01:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Quote from: MengJiao on May 09, 2018, 01:59:18 PM
Quote from: Sir Slash on May 09, 2018, 09:03:58 AM
Wouldn't the units during this period be even more a like than in Britannia?

The funny thing about that is the "period" in Thrones of Britannia is what?  About 200-300 years.  Roughly the same for waring states or whatever for China, while the "Period" for
The Ancient Near East/Levant would be say 3500 BC to 500 BC or about 10 times the unit diversity.  The earliest Armies would barely have enough crude shields and stone-tipped spears to go around and no chariots or cavalry.  Later armies would get chariots and cavalry and composit bows and iron weapons and good armor etc. etc.  And the Assyrians would be the top force to emulate. or the Persians or the Hittites or maybe the Babylonians.  Maybe.  I said  "maybe"...the Babylonians.

Three Kingdoms is set around 200 AD.  Set in the crumbling Han dynasty, so everyone would have Han dynasty tech.  But take note, the best TW in my books is Shogun 2.  Somehow they get it right when factions are mostly homogenous.  I'm speculating that they'll put in some fantasy stuff to make it appealing.

WallysWorld

Quote from: JudgeDredd on May 09, 2018, 03:50:29 PM
Couldn't hold off anymore  :'(
Same with me. Was going to hold off for quite a while, but finally gave in. Bought it through Fanatical and saved $10 off the Steam price.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Hofstadter

Completed a campaign at strat clut, about halfway through a Mides campaign.

Literally nobody has declared war on me on VH. What the actual hell?
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

fabius

Still holding off...  but it's getting hard.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

I wish they would make a World War 2 version!
;D
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Tuna

jomni

Or Warhammer 4K. You can't have too many Warhammer games.

Sir Slash

How about a "Grogheads Total War"? With Bob as a Ninja Assassin and Gus King of Flanders? Ned Flanders I mean.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

FlickJax

How is it not fired up yet?  Still engrossed in Battletech which i love.

Father Ted

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 13, 2018, 10:45:10 PM
How about a "Grogheads Total War"? With Bob as a Ninja Assassin and Gus King of Flanders? Ned Flanders I mean.  :2funny:

But what period would you set it in?  Obviously some of us go a ways back, but it'd be a stretch to go much before the Crimean War and still be historically accurate.

Gusington

A lot of us were praying for a Victoria Total War, 1837-1901, for a while...still praying, Father.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd