Main Menu

Space Empires V

Started by Jarhead0331, January 28, 2018, 12:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

That would be awesome if you find the link and share it with me.  I do have my product registration key.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Uberhaus

sign me up for the game please!

bbmike

Quote from: W8taminute on February 06, 2018, 10:40:38 AM
That would be awesome if you find the link and share it with me.  I do have my product registration key.

PM sent.  :)
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Uberhaus

I have installed SE5 through Steam and signed up at pbw SE where my user name is Uberhauskaninichen (same as Steam).  I am installing the Balance mod now.

Millipede

If my math is correct (always questionable), we have 4 participants (moi, mkivcs, OJsDad & Uberhaus) and possibly 5 (not sure if W8aminute wants in or not) and Yskonyn expressed an interest earlier but  haven't heard anything recently. I think I'll go ahead and set up a game on http://pbw.spaceempires.net (no later than tomorrow) and you can check it out while we wait to see if anyone else wants to join us.

Yskonyn

Thanks for the heads up, but I will pass for now.
Hopefully someone will make an AAR about this, though. I would like to follow the game even if I don't play myself.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Yes. Please definitely post an AAR thread in the AAR forum! Would love to see how you guys get on with this.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Millipede

Okay, the game is up on the PBW site and, as you'll see, I'm having a couple of problems so I'm going to try manual hosting  :DD  :uglystupid2: and we may have to go back to the previous version of the Balance Mod. I'll let you know. I also need your PBW names (I've got Uberhaus') in order to accept you into the game. If you have different preferences for the game parameters, I'm open to discussion but you'll have to be convincing.

Sheesh! Manual hosting and you want an AAR too?

Oh yeah, minor detail... the name of the game is "Mudhens Return".

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Millipede on February 08, 2018, 03:15:00 PM

Nobody said you have to do the AAR... >:D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Millipede

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 08, 2018, 03:27:14 PM

Yeah, I know. I was just being my usual smartass.;D  Who knows, I might try an AAR since I'd like to generate a little SE5 interest.

btw, is there a way to set-up a group page or msg. group within Grogheads so that those of us participating can communicate without boring the hell out of the rest of you?

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Millipede on February 08, 2018, 03:44:21 PM

Yeah, I know. I was just being my usual smartass.;D  Who knows, I might try an AAR since I'd like to generate a little SE5 interest.

btw, is there a way to set-up a group page or msg. group within Grogheads so that those of us participating can communicate without boring the hell out of the rest of you?

Not sure...I think your best bet is to just create a thread in the AAR forum. Anyone who isn't interested doesn't have to read it. Alternatively, a group PM is always a good idea too.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Millipede

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 08, 2018, 03:59:04 PM
Quote from: Millipede on February 08, 2018, 03:44:21 PM

Not sure...I think your best bet is to just create a thread in the AAR forum. Anyone who isn't interested doesn't have to read it. Alternatively, a group PM is always a good idea too.

Okay, I surrender. A group PM sounds like an excellent idea but I can't figure out how to set one up. :-[

Jarhead0331

^Simply click on the name of a member you want to include in the message. Select "Send PM". Add names of others you wish to include in the "To" box. Viola.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 08, 2018, 04:33:16 PM
^Simply click on the name of a member you want to include in the message. Select "Send PM". Add names of others you wish to include in the "To" box. Viola.

You want a job in IT? :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Jarhead0331

Quote from: mirth on February 08, 2018, 04:41:12 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 08, 2018, 04:33:16 PM

You want a job in IT? :P

How are the fringe benefits?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog