Panzer Campaigns Japan ’45 – Operation Olympic Released!

Started by Strela, May 03, 2019, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strela

After seven years it's great to get another game out in the venerable Panzer Campaigns series! It's even more exciting that we have moved for the first time to the Pacific for Japan '45 - Operation Olympic.

You can get more details on this release at the Wargame Design Studio Blog here; https://www.wargamedesignstudio.com/2019/05/04/panzer-campaigns-japan-45-operation-olympic-released/

And purchase the game from John Tiller Software here; http://www.johntillersoftware.com/PanzerCampaigns/Japan45.html

There are also free downloads of the game materials at the Tiller site.

Here are a few example images from in game (you can right click for full size);

Thanks,

David

al_infierno

Great news!  Easy day-1 purchase for me.  Looking forward to sending a LOT of pixelated Americans to their deaths  O:-)
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

Oye vey... :hide:

...by the way...think a Sealion screenshot snuck in there...I saw Germans and was like, "wut!?"
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Strela

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 03, 2019, 07:24:12 PM
Oye vey... :hide:

...by the way...think a Sealion screenshot snuck in there...I saw Germans and was like, "wut!?"

Oops! It's hard to tell one hypothetical invasion from another!!!  :D

Erroneous image removed!

Hot lead and dirty talk!

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Hot lead and dirty talk!

I haven't played yet because I am immersing myself by going over my books, "Hell to Pay: Operation DOWNFALL and the Invasion of Japan, 1945-1947" along with Ospery's "Defense of Japan 1945" (Fortress).  I did listen to all the sound files and am very impressed, especially the three gun salvos and the incoming small arms fire-fffft, ffft. With my Arctis Series headphones on it almost caused me to seek cover. My only disappointment is I didn't hear the BANZAI! yell that I loved from the Campaign series.

I also downloaded the zoom out and topographical maps to my desktop to be transferred to my laptop for an easy overall perspective . One word fits the bill...

Majestic

Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

ComradeP

The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45