Squad Battles Demo Grenada Version 4.01 Release and WDS Summer Sale Announcement

Started by Strela, June 11, 2023, 07:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strela

Hi everyone,

We have just announced the dates for our WDS Summer Sale.

And as an additional bonus we are releasing the Squad Battles Demo title: Grenada upgraded to the new 4.01 standard.

You can read all about that in our latest blog post here: LINK

There are lots of extras included and covered in the above link.

Here are a few sample screen shots (there are many more in the above link):

MOS:96B2P

The American "heads" look strange. They are not uniformed at all. Different headgear and uniforms. I was in the 82nd during this time. The helmets were the Kevlar "fritz" style. We also wore a maroon (red) beret. The uniforms were BDU woodland camouflage. Most of the faces would be a lot younger looking also....LOL. Maybe these are just place holders? It just looks so strange to me I thought I should say something.

Grim.Reaper

JasonPratt

I'm guessing the differentiation, though too much for historical accuracy, is meant to help visually identify unit types at a glance.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MOS:96B2P

I'm not sure why they look the way they do. I went back and looked again.  I couldn't find a pattern. The RTO was the only one that really made sense.  Your able to identify his job.  Everybody else was green beret, brown beret, steel pot, baseball cap, black beret, all in different camouflage patterns. They all have the 82nd Airborne Division patch in the top left corner. Besides that I would not recognize them as being from the 82nd.   

This is a John Tiller game and they have been around making games for awhile.  I guess they know what their doing and this works for their purposes.