More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Steelgrave

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 24, 2013, 11:11:13 PM
I was mostly ok until the third row.   ::)

Let me guess....you're a Harry Potter fan?

GDS_Starfury

thats actually only 1 of 3 things in that row Im not a fan of.

or used to be a fan of.   ::)

row 1 I had nothing.
row 2 I had post modernism ( in the art and design form) and meditation (if blowing up tanks and calling in air stirkes counts).
row 3.....  I have stories.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

undercovergeek

i was ok til backsmacking then i re read it

bayonetbrant

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on October 24, 2013, 11:54:51 PMrow 3.....  I have stories.

That raging vegetarian Freemasons induction ceremony lives on in conspiracy-nutjob legend.  It's the real reason he and Slaak don't get along.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Why pick on XTC? They were a great band.

Also, how does one 'practice' Lycanthropy? Aren't you just born that way?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

undercovergeek

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 25, 2013, 05:46:11 AM
Why pick on XTC? They were a great band.

maybe you could stay in doors when its full moon

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 24, 2013, 11:01:13 PM
should you treat this as a warning, or a to-do list?

Lycanthropy. You'd think we'd have a vaccine for that by now.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

Steampunk is apparently OK :)

And I'm a little surprised that Ephesians and Deuteronomy could envision heavy metal, video games, cyberpunk culture, and the Twilight films (which probably belong in Revelation, if anywhere)

For reference

Eph 6:12
QuoteFor we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Deut 18:9-12
Quote9       When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10     There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11     or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard,  or a necromancer.
12     For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

I can't help it...  I'm still laughing

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 25, 2013, 06:39:42 AM
I can't help it...  I'm still laughing

ROTFL!!!  ;D :D :) :) :D ;D ;D ;D :)
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

JasonPratt

Quote from: Staggerwing on October 25, 2013, 05:46:11 AM

Actually, most (if not all?) lycanthropy in the classical sense the author is talking about (not the modern psychological sense) involves people intentionally going out of their way to foist the condition on themselves. Though then there are the rabid versions who catch it against their will, as in most wolf man movies, but that's a pretty modern detail -- I don't recall it ever showing up in werewolf stories before the 20th century. I'm not entirely sure Universal didn't invent that detail in The Werewolf of London. Hammer films' Curse of the Werewolf has an interesting take on the 'born that way' angle, though. And there are curses from other people in old stories which foist the condition -- it's transmission by surviving a biting attack which seems to be a modern invention.

What amused me most about the list was vegetarianism (already mentioned above, but obviously the author forgot those parts in Genesis where humans were originally meant to eat only veggies); the Church of Satan (what does it say about the list-author's estimation of his audience when he thinks he has to list the Church of Satan just to be sure in case the name didn't warn his flock off if they ever ran across it?); and most especially "alt 'comix'".

I'm trying and failing to figure out:

1.) why comics is spelled with an x instead of ending with a cs... is that supposed to distinguish them from other alt comics which are acceptable?

2.) why comix is put in its own set of quotes... that that supposed to distinguish them as fake alt comix, compared to real alt comix which are acceptable?

3.) why the list author even bothered to qualify that item with "alt", since it seems abundantly clear from the rest of the list that the author would reject practically every mainstream comic book in existence for the past 70 years on one ground or another.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

besilarius

I was stuck by Fornication.  Are we supposed to die out to keep Satan from winning?
Whatever happened to "be fruitful and multiply?"  And somewhere in the Bible, isn't the "gift of sex" mentioned.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

JasonPratt

Re: "Laid." "While still getting 60 mpg."  ;D

Re: "Fornication" -- that's a reference to unfruitful sex of various kinds and/or to depersonalizing sex and/or to sex which breaks up male/female cooperation. The Judeo-Christian scriptures distinguish good sex from bad sex (though the distinctions could be disputed).

Re: Ceres. I've been checking in once a day for several months with a solar weather analyst, and while this will surely be no surprise to anyone with even slightly more astronomic experience than me, I was impressed how clearly Ceres shows up on various satellite photos (filtered in various wavelengths of course.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!