More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 24, 2013, 11:01:13 PM
should you treat this as a warning, or a to-do list?

That's most of my weekend activities right there.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

if youre watching Twilight films this weekend you can leave this forum instantly........

i thought better of you  :P

mirth

Quote from: undercovergeek on October 25, 2013, 09:56:19 AM
if youre watching Twilight films this weekend you can leave this forum instantly........

i thought better of you  :P

That's the only thing on the list I absolutely would not do.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

undercovergeek

what exactly is wrong with LOTR?

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 25, 2013, 10:08:59 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 25, 2013, 10:08:15 AMwhat exactly is wrong with LOTR?

interspecies mating

WTF? I always miss the best bits when i go to the toilet

mirth

Quote from: bayonetbrant on October 25, 2013, 10:08:59 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on October 25, 2013, 10:08:15 AMwhat exactly is wrong with LOTR?

interspecies mating

Arwen swore she was human and her ears were pointy because of the unfortunate accident she had as a child. When her head was caught in a mechanical rice picker.

undercovergeek

hmmmm - i see no mention of Star Trek and Mrs Spock seniors interspecies romancing

LongBlade

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 25, 2013, 09:01:23 AM
2.) why comix is put in its own set of quotes... that that supposed to distinguish them as fake alt comix, compared to real alt comix which are acceptable?

I can't answer your other questions, but on this one I can answer with real authority.

Clearly they are distinguishing between the old Aquaman and the New 52 Aquaman. The old Aquaman is unacceptable. The New 52 Aquaman rocks.

You're welcome.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JasonPratt

Yeah, come to think of it, LOTR is hilariously inept on the list: a series written by a devout Roman Catholic who thought his best friend, 20th century super-apologist C. S. Lewis (whom Tolkien helped evangelize), was waaaaay too theologically sloppy and irreverent; where the overarching story involves a loyal angel of God Most High in prehistoric times helping lead a fight against a lieutenant of the chief rebel angel.

The only way that would be a doorway to demonic possession would be to completely forget, willfully ignore, or be simply ignorant of the context -- like, for example, the list author.  ::)

It's almost literally more ridiculous than saying there's this ultra-popular book, in print all over the world in almost every language, so prevalent that people ominously call it THE BOOK; where a pagan priestess for hire is hired to verbally slap a king upside the head for not properly representing God Most High to pagans the way he's supposed to, which the book presents her as being totally right to do; and a group of astrologers learn something super-true and important about God Most High and heroically risk themselves in doing something about it, which the book lauds them for; and throughout history people have used this book in occult rituals trying to tell the future and summon demons to do their bidding; so this book is clearly a component of Satan's Spiritual Structure (which Satan himself even cites the authority of during an important scene in the book!!! :o ) And is a doorway to demon possession! So do not take any part in it, beloved! You will know it by the English abbreviation used by some of its most devoted followers: KJV.

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Barthheart

JasonPratt

^^ The best part about that comic strip is the duck's eyes deforming under speed.

Quote from: LongBlade on October 25, 2013, 11:00:40 AM
Clearly they are distinguishing between the old Aquaman and the New 52 Aquaman. The old Aquaman is unacceptable. The New 52 Aquaman rocks.

You're welcome.

Oooo, I see what you did there: a subtle jab at their back-asswards incompetency!  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 25, 2013, 11:02:56 AM
Yeah, come to think of it, LOTR is hilariously inept on the list: a series written by a devout Roman Catholic who thought his best friend, 20th century super-apologist C. S. Lewis (whom Tolkien helped evangelize), was waaaaay too theologically sloppy and irreverent; where the overarching story involves a loyal angel of God Most High in prehistoric times helping lead a fight against a lieutenant of the chief rebel angel.

To be fair, there are some "Christian" sects and denominations that sincerely believe that Roman Catholics are not Christians; therefore they are destined for Hell, and the office of the Pope is actually the Anti-Christ.

http://www.pacinst.com/antichri.htm

They aren't hard to find.
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.