More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on March 23, 2015, 12:41:52 PM
a collection of grogheads would be???

an explosion of grogheads?
an upsized meal of grogheads?

what?

A chaotic planar rift of grogheads.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

'A grumble of Grogheads'
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Martok

^  Me likey!  Aside from the alliteration appeal, it's also thematically appropriate.  O0 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 23, 2015, 01:21:39 PM

Ironically, I'm listening to one of their songs right now (sorry, I've never understood the hate they get). 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Windigo

Quote from: bob48 on March 23, 2015, 01:37:31 PM
'A grumble of Grogheads'

Winnah winnah! Chicken Dinnah!!

BTW: Happy Aniversary to you and the Miss'us

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Ubercat

Quote from: Martok on March 23, 2015, 02:37:31 PM
Ironically, I'm listening to one of their songs right now (sorry, I've never understood the hate they get).

I was curious about this myself, not knowing anything about them, so a few weeks ago I did a search on youTube. I couldn't tell you what song I listened to part of, but it was the blandest, most pointless and boring stuff I'd heard lately.

If the song were a book, it would have read something like "I went to the store because I needed to buy some things. When I got there, I bought the things, and then I drove home. When I got home, I parked my car in the driveway and carried the things inside. Next, I watched some TV and then realized that I'd better figure something out for dinner". Etc...

With brilliant music available from the likes of Tom Waites, Frank Zappa, Bob Dylan and countless others, I can't see why anyone would waste 3 minutes of their life listening to bad music. No offense intended.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

bayonetbrant

There's a handful of Nickelback tunes I enjoy, but I don't ever envision picking up entire albums from them.

I think they're like Winger - someone kinda cool picked on them once, so everyone else started picking on them, too, and it just became a 'thing' where you picked on them because you were supposed to. 

Kip Winger paid his dues touring with a LOT of other artists; he was Alice Cooper's bassist for 5 years or so, and played on albums from Fiona and others.  When he got a chance to put together his own band, he didn't dick around: Reb Beach studied at Berklee and was a highly-respected session guitarist, Rod Morgenstein played drums for Steve Morse / Dixie Dregs and was winning all sorts of awards before he played with Winger, and Paul Taylor plays like 4 instruments* and was in touring bands for Aldo Nova, Steve Perry, and Alice Cooper.  If anything, those guys were a LOT more accomplished than Nickelback was when they broke big.  But someone sorta cool picked on them, so suddenly it was cool to pick on them

* no idea if Kanye considers that "artistry" or not

BanzaiCat

If Kanye and the Kardashians fell into a well and died, the world will not even blink.

Staggerwing

Why would you pollute a perfectly good well?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

besilarius

It would be a good start.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

so, you want to be a pirate?

bayonetbrant