More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 27, 2015, 02:20:28 PM

This reminds me of being at a David Bowie show a few years back...The band started into 'The Man Who Sold the World' and the adolescent dumbass in front of me commented on how awesome it was that he was doing a Nirvana cover...

Closest to committing murder that I've ever been.

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Arctic Blast on June 27, 2015, 09:08:48 PM
This reminds me of being at a David Bowie show a few years back...The band started into 'The Man Who Sold the World' and the adolescent dumbass in front of me commented on how awesome it was that he was doing a Nirvana cover...

Closest to committing murder that I've ever been.

I remember about 10 years ago, a friend of mine complained about his daughter. She had heard Britney Spears cover "I Love Rock-n-Roll," which Joan Jett and the Blackhearts originally did, and his daughter thought Britney wrote the song. That's the problem with covers these days - it's also about as lazy as Hollywood re-doing movies, at least to me it is.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 29, 2015, 09:02:17 AMShe had heard Britney Spears cover "I Love Rock-n-Roll," which Joan Jett and the Blackhearts originally did, and his daughter thought Britney wrote the song. That's the problem with covers these days - it's also about as lazy as Hollywood re-doing movies, at least to me it is.

The Arrows.  1975  (OK, OK, the broadcast is from '76)

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 29, 2015, 10:03:42 AM
Troll mode: success! :D

Like you actually knew or something....
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

Steelgrave

You can even replace the word "light bulb" with "gerbil" or any various sundry object of your choice....oh look, there's Richard Gere!

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Barthheart

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

undercovergeek