New home library

Started by Jarhead0331, November 12, 2019, 11:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

The home renovations project is just about finished. FINALLY!

Here is a picture of the new built-in bookcase in my home office. I'll have the desks and computers set-up over the next day or two and will post pics of those when ready. OVerall, I'm really happy with how the work shaped out.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

DoctorQuest

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Gusington

Not bad. It is similar to my setup - I have one wall in my study set up as a bookshelf too. Its almost packed. Need to get another bookcase, on top of the two other standalones I have. I just can't stop buying books.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That looks great JH. You can NEVER have enough Man-Space.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Martok

Nice!  That does look pretty good, JH.  O0 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Tpek

Nice.

Are all of these History/Military books?

Gusington

I will bet most are on baking, embroidery and hopscotch.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tpek on November 13, 2019, 03:41:14 PM
Nice.

Are all of these History/Military books?

One is an anthology on love poetry.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Damn I forgot about that.

I feel the need to post an image of my library.

Permission to hijack your thread, JH?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 14, 2019, 03:36:53 PM
Damn I forgot about that.

I feel the need to post an image of my library.

Permission to hijack your thread, JH?

By all means. For the record...this isn't my "entire library". There is another wall. These are just the new built-in shelves.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Anguille

Looking great! Impressive collection of great books...and helmets!

Makes me wanna show my Library as well..

Gusington

Everyone post their pride and joy! Below is mine, taken 5 minutes ago. Behind me is a window, the windows to the right in the image see out to the Hudson River, which is about a mile away. I will probably die in this room.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Very Dickens-ese Gus.  O0   I would never be able to get any work done in there, too many distractions. Great that you cleaned-up all the liquor stains off the desk before you took the pic. Pledge?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

The Wife. Her computer blew up so she was on mine, which I hate :/

I threw her out and took the pic :)

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I hate it when my wife comes along and cleans my cluttered, dust-encrusted desk and computer. I can't THINK unless it's messy.  :hide: