Forums, how long?

Started by steve58, February 02, 2021, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

That sounds like you and the Missus have everything in great order Kid-Wise there Smuck.  O0  You and the Wife should write a, 'Child Advice' book.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

I think my first forum activity was back in 1996, at America Online's boards for discussing Marvel comics and Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time novels.

After about a year I migrated to Compuserve (before it got bought by AOL after all), where mostly again I was active on their WoT discussion forum, where I first used my common nickname Sabreman.

I've been on forums of various kinds ever since.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Yskonyn

I really don't remember my first, but it feels like Civfanatics and Wargamer belong the ancients for me. Once Grogs was created I hardy ever visited Wargamer anymore though.
Civfanatics was my 'home' for quite a while in the Civ 3 era. Lots of great people there.

In general it's usually a game that drives me to its forums. Egosoft X series, Paradox, Simulators.

It's always a good indicator of what kind of community you'll experience in-game and wether the game has any legs to make it into the future.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."