Main Menu

New Vehicle

Started by Sir Slash, March 24, 2021, 03:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

You know what they say about guys with tiny beds.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

They work at Grogheads? Or maybe they hang-out at Grogheads. I'm right there with you Dammit Carl.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jamus34

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2021, 11:20:15 AM
^Can't tell if sarcasm...

Sarcastically literal...I live in what can be construed as "the country" in NJ and I cannot tell you how many Super Duty trucks (usually Fords) I see being driven by 30 or 40 something Mom's that you know the closest they get to off-roading or towing something is driving over the curb and putting a bike rack on it.

BTW, my solution to needing to haul stuff? I am currently sporting our now old Odyssey and I ripped out the middle row seats. I can still seat 5 if I need to and I can also fit full sheets of plywood.
Insert witty comment here.

steve58

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on March 26, 2021, 11:25:40 AM
As a dyed-in-the-wool truck guy (learned on a '77 Scotsdale and have had a truck of some sort ever since), I detest the path the manufacturers have taken in making trucks here in the U.S. just overly large cars with a tiny, little bed.

-you can wrest my '90 F-150 from my cold, dead hands

Well maybe GM will bring this one to the USA...or at least the concept.  9K for a pickup? ???

forgot to include linky:  https://www.foxnews.com/auto/gms-newest-pickup-costs-9000
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I also live in 'the country' of the Hudson Valley - trucks are king here. And Subarus. I couldn't get out of my driveway without my Subaru.

Some of the trucks here are ridiculous...but maybe it's just my envy/jealousy talking.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: steve58 on March 26, 2021, 12:43:11 PM
Well maybe GM will bring this one to the USA...or at least the concept.  9K for a pickup? ???

Snowball's chance in hell of them doing anything like that.  Hell, Toyota still makes basic trucks beloved by militias worldwide (seen plenty overseas) but can we get simple, rugged trucks here?  No.  Gotta be these engorged monstrosities lumbering about with blind spots the size of half a basketball court.  Thank God we've got these spacious heated bucket seats for our luxurious American asses!

-think I've derailed things a bit here

Gusington

There was a 35 year old Toyota Tacoma truck down the road from me until a few years ago that had 1 million + miles on it. It was red and had a set of those 'truck balls' hanging from the rear axle to match. The thing ran in all weather, could tow a boat, never stalled, etc. It was a treasure to behold and I one day hope to own a truck as ugly, tough and endearing as that one. It just wouldn't die.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

bobarossa

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2021, 11:20:15 AM
^Can't tell if sarcasm...
Depends how much food you eat.  Or how big a family.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2021, 11:05:49 AM
I hate the looks of the Ridgeline. Get an F350!!

stfu you ford shill!

Ive had my S10 for 20 years and it still kicks ass.  I'd put it up against a same year Toyota Hilux any day.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

oh, and the Chinese pos truck doesnt even have 100hp so good luck using it for anything useful like carrying sheets of plywood or towing anything besides an R/C boat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on March 26, 2021, 01:14:24 PM
There was a 35 year old Toyota Tacoma truck down the road from me until a few years ago that had 1 million + miles on it. It was red and had a set of those 'truck balls' hanging from the rear axle to match. The thing ran in all weather, could tow a boat, never stalled, etc. It was a treasure to behold and I one day hope to own a truck as ugly, tough and endearing as that one. It just wouldn't die.

Got a '95 Tacoma still with 298k on the clock.  Had a factory clutch that only went out two years ago and lo and behold!  "New," clutch is already shit.  Thing that's gonna put 'er down is the corrosion that's eating its way into the frame and rear end at this point.

GDS_Starfury

true story

crazy ex girl friend shows up trashed at 3am one night while I had other company.
she then proceeds to back down my 50 foot straight driveway in her grand cherokee, put it in drive.... and then plow through a 4 door hyundai which then crushed up against my S10 which was then pushed 4 feet into my second bedroom through a concrete wall.
I drove it to the dealership to start repairs the next day.

the hole in my house became a nice set of French doors.

the crazy ex lost her job, lost her home and was on probation for years.  O0

GDS_Starfury

and to answer the unasked question of why this woman would do this I can only say....

my penis is really that golden.  :bd:

W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Star is slowly getting back to his old form. This is good to see.

FWIW I think what killed the truck down the road from me, after 30+ years, was also the clutch.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd