Main Menu

In the FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, July 23, 2021, 06:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

We had a vacation that was scheduled to begin tomorrow, but my oldest woke up with a fever, so it's all up in the air.

For tonight, at least, Stellaris, WH40K Battlesector and, of course, my beloved DCS.

Everyone enjoy.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Dammit Carl!

Sorry 'bout the youngin' gettin' sickly.

Keepin' on with the Tripwire love via Killing Floor 2 and yard work.  Oh, Lord, the yard work.

Have fun, folks, and stay safe!

Gusington

Good luck JH, maybe the fever will break without issue.

I am on the last day of our extended family vacation to the Outer Banks and am trying to complete the 'don't murder everyone or get a divorce' phase.

Gaming will hopefully commence Sunday or Monday.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Burden of Command work.  A FtF game of "Churchill" on Sunday with some friends
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on July 23, 2021, 08:40:23 AM
I am on the last day of our extended family vacation to the Outer Banks and am trying to complete the 'don't murder everyone or get a divorce' phase.

:2funny:

Once, and only once, did the Mrs. and I go on vacation with her parents, her sister, and her sister's kids.  Learned a lesson with that one. 

Gusington

This is my fourth year of avoiding incarceration!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

We did a Christmas Vacation in Tennessee once with the whole family. Damned near ended-up in World War III. War in the East: The Road to Leningrad for me. Still trying to get my head around all the bells and whistles, but it sure is fun.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

I prefer the live version of "In The Flesh?"/ "In the Flesh" - from "Is there Anybody Out There?"  The Wall Live 1980/81 Tour album. There's actual video of it, but Waters has said it's not "good enough." but it exists.

That said, I too had a health scare this week. I wasn't feeling well last weekend. So I did what I thought was the logical approach; rested, ate light, fluids etc. It felt like when I got the 2nd Moderna shot, really made me feel awful. So I decided to call in sick on Sunday, and Tuesday feeling better decided to contact the VA to see if I should be tested for COVID, as a precaution. So I did, and that's where things went downhill. I had to get the test and then I had to wait for the results, which I got yesterday: negative.  So I am off today, as I have been off since Sunday. Working Saturday afternoon to close and Sunday morning. Ouch.

So while I was trying to relax, I found myself digging out a few oldies from my game collection - Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom and Sword of the Stars.

I even tried a demo on a new city builder in the vein of Pharaoh/Cleopatra - Builders of Egypt. This one is impressive. A lot of the micromanaging of walkers is gone, a new mechanic which tripped up even a City builder expert like Gamer Zakh, is there is no currency, as there is no evidence of a currency used in Ancient Egypt. So similar to Children of the Nile, the currency you use is bread (or beer!- Yes they will work for beer!)

Services such as Bazaars, Granaries, Police, Fire Stations use a range to determine if the house has their coverage; Simple. What this game doesn't tell you is that if you need to build 150 population, then well, that's what you need to do, no more; no less. So what happened was when I would watch the Let's Players they would make the mistake of building buildings that weren't needed yet. They would not make enough income from trade, and thinking they needed MORE buildings to produce which of course which would mean MORE workers, which of course meant they needed to PAY and FEED them, and round and round this went, until finally they were in absolutely no shape to win.

The tutorial in the game does NOT help, so consider yourself warned. If you've played a city builder, you get the idea. As long as a building has road access you're good to go.

Remember the First Law of City Building: Never build unnecessary buildings!

But this was the Alpha Demo, hopefully they did some tweaks. It should be out this year.  I liked that there was no micro, and there was actual visuals such as the flooding of the Nile, the soundtrack music is immersive as is the ambient sounds, there is a lot of potential on this one.  Plus the loading screens have nice images and text that tells more of Ancient Egypt which adds to the immersion. 

I have on tap - Emperor,  and Sword of the Stars.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Rayfer

Awesome song choice JH....!  Not sure why but I'm playing Fallout 3 again.

Gusington

Feel better, CJ.

Rayfer are you playing F3 with any mods?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

-budd-

Battle Sector and a modded 7 Days to Die and probably some WITE2.  Have a good weekend everyone.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

al_infierno

Jupiter Hell is being fully released soon and I've been playing a lot of it, still haven't managed to get anywhere near the last boss after dying to him the first time.  I even tried it on Easy and only just barely squeaked into #2 on my personal scoreboard :(

Probably some WH40K Battlesector and Dominions 5 multiplayer too.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Pete Dero

Continuing the story in Mass Effect Legendary.

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on July 23, 2021, 04:06:24 PM
Feel better, CJ.

Rayfer are you playing F3 with any mods?

No mods but I do have all the dlc's loaded.  I suck big time at first person shooters, but this is one I can handle when on an easier difficulty setting.  I thought it had a good unfolding story and quite a few creative side quests. 

Gusington

^I loved it, I played it years ago. I recently re-bought it @ GOG because there have been some massive mods created for it in the last few years.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd