The Story in your Friday

Started by Tripoli, September 03, 2021, 08:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CJReich46

Tripoli - nice pick.

I was surprised by Stardock still patching Fallen Enchantress even more so a 3.0?  I might have to dig back into it that. 

But right now I'm turning 'mechs into slag in Battletech - on campaign as call sign "Badger."  leading my Mercenary Company "Badger's Marauders." We just recovered The Argo and it was a well planned OP. I didn't end up with a single mech warrior in Med Bay, Nor a Mech' in the Mech Bay for repairs!  So with the Centurion CN-9 in tow, and some a newly acquired Jenner I'm getting a bit more flexibility.

In terms of Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom I'm about to enter a new Campaign - The Han Dynasty  - with the construction of a capital near the ruins of a city I built ages ago; Hao. The City is to be named Chang'an.  But I'm taking a break for awhile.

But for most of this weekend (in fact all of it) I'm working. So enjoy guys.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

al_infierno

Went on a few dates with a new woman and it seemed to be going well.  Then she made an off the cuff remark about how much she hates white people, and showed me a picture of her half-white niece & nephew with an obviously contemptful comment that their dad is white, go figure.  Sheesh.  I fucking hate California.  Imagine how obviously disgusting these comments would be if you changed "white" to "black".  ::)   :idiot2:  I imagine it would only be a matter of time before she tells me I'm one of "the good ones," so I'm GTFOing asap.

Anyway.  On the gaming front I finally finished the main story of Heat Signature.  Great game and I'll keep playing though I can't help but want more - an expansion or sequel maybe?  Don't really know what to play next beyond usual multiplayer games like Dom 5, Aliens Fireteam and Insurgency.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on September 08, 2021, 03:42:20 PM
Went on a few dates with a new woman and it seemed to be going well.  Then she made an off the cuff remark about how much she hates white people, and showed me a picture of her half-white niece & nephew with an obviously contemptful comment that their dad is white, go figure.  Sheesh.  I fucking hate California.  Imagine how obviously disgusting these comments would be if you changed "white" to "black".  ::)   :idiot2:  I imagine it would only be a matter of time before she tells me I'm one of "the good ones," so I'm GTFOing asap.

Anyway.  On the gaming front I finally finished the main story of Heat Signature.  Great game and I'll keep playing though I can't help but want more - an expansion or sequel maybe?  Don't really know what to play next beyond usual multiplayer games like Dom 5, Aliens Fireteam and Insurgency.

The right one is out there my friend....

Just steer clear of the ones with degrees in Sociology and Colonial studies... ;)
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

al_infierno

Quote from: Gusington on September 08, 2021, 03:46:09 PM
WHAT

That's liberal California for you.  I hear the inland parts are a bit more sane.

Quote from: devoncop on September 08, 2021, 03:48:12 PM

The right one is out there my friend....

Just steer clear of the ones with degrees in Sociology and Colonial studies... ;)

LOL thanks bud, I appreciate the kind words  O0  :DD
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

Let me understand...you're white, the woman was sitting across from you and told you she hated white people? And had white people in her family??

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

The setting wasn't so formal, but basically yeah.  The context was there was an old white woman in line in front of us complaining about a $2 coupon, and after we left I made a comment about how obnoxious that was, and she turned it into a racial thing and followed it up with that comment.  Fairly baffling, but I guess she felt disarmed enough to say that to me, since contempt for white people is socially acceptable around here.

- MengJiao

Gusington

This is mind boggling. Forgive me for asking but do you look like something other than white - so she could possibly think you are something else? I don't understand such mindless...idiocy, for lack of a better word.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Nope, I'm about as whitebread as they come  :2funny:  I think she's mixed, so maybe she feels she has the white person equivalent of an "N-word card"?

- MengJiao

Gusington

Well at least you said you're running away from the madness, which renews my faith in humanity.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's tough al. Maybe she was just playing the part because she thought that's what people are supposed to do now days. It wouldn't do for me to date again. I'd probably have to carry a Tranquilizer Dart Gun with me every time I went out.  :coolsmiley: 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Gusington

I just said to The Wife a few days ago how lucky we were to not have to date in the internet age.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

True that. My Wife probably wouldn't give me a second look today.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd