Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Tell you what - how about we meet in Jacksonville in April?

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

If you're buyin', I'll meet you there ;)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

A gift from 1997.  Basically a 3:19 second commercial for Jock Jams and ESPN. 

Arctic Blast

MetalDog

The consequences of having girl children is knowing songs like this.  Cuz you hear them over and over and over, coming from their rooms.  Also, another gift from '97.

MetalDog

Some songs age better than others.  This is one of the good ones.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on November 06, 2017, 10:52:47 PM
The consequences of having girl children is knowing songs like this.  Cuz you hear them over and over and over, coming from their rooms.  Also, another gift from '97.

IIRC, that was one of the first songs to hit over 10 million plays on the radio.  My former colleagues still working in radio were driven crazy by the repetitiveness, but pointed out that it is one of the very few songs that crossed as many genres as it did, b/c it could be played on lite rock, top 40, adult contemporary, Jack, and even lighter hip-hop stations.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Emeraldlis

Looks like jacksonville is the place to be in April  ;) LOVE that Donna Lewis song.... A LOT :)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

Emeraldlis

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

BanzaiCat

Pete Dero

Pete Dero

bayonetbrant

MetalDog

I take back all the times I called you mean, Brant.  That's just AWEsome!!!!!

bayonetbrant