Main Menu

Iran

Started by GDS_Starfury, January 15, 2024, 07:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

next up on the fuck around and find out list is Iran.

QuoteIranian Sources are reporting the Attack tonight near the U.S. Consulate within the City of Erbil in Northern Iraq was carried out by 6 Fateh-110 Tactical Short-Range Ballistic Missiles launched by the IRGC.

no proxies to hide behind with this. 
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

With some good 'clandestine nudging,' I feel Iran is ready to implode. Which is probably why they want to start something...to save their sorry theocratic-governmental buttocks.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on January 15, 2024, 08:54:40 PMWith some good 'clandestine nudging,' I feel Iran is ready to implode. Which is probably why they want to start something...to save their sorry theocratic-governmental buttocks.

And that's exactly why Iran has continually engaged in this kind of inciteful violence since the 80's. 

The Communist idea of "perpetual revolution" was adopted by Iran from the very first day the Islamic Republic took power.  Part of that endless revolution involves constantly demonstrating to its people that the Revolutionary Government is strong, in charge, and not afraid of any outside pressures to reverse progress. 

The more they keep external threats alive and well to their people, they have less to fear internally.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

GDS_Starfury

I hope Praying Mantis Part 2 starts soon.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

so who had Iran launching missiles at Pakistan on their bingo card?

W8taminute

Pakistan is saying there will be consequences for the attack and has withdrawn it's ambassador from Iran.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

:shocked: Makes perfect sense in a world that makes no sense at all.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Feels like the Ayatollah discovered his grandkids were playing Hearts of Iron, and got into the game recently, then thought hey I could actually do this...!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Uberhaus

China is telling Iran and Pakistan, both its allies, to play nice.  https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-67999465

QuoteChina on Wednesday urged Pakistan and Iran to show "restraint" and "avoid actions that would lead to an escalation of tension". Foreign ministry spokesperson Mao Ning added that Beijing saw the countries as "close neighbours".

Nothing to ruin your cabal's plan than something like this.  Am I talking out of my ass?  Maybe, but I don't think Gordon Chang of the Gatestone Institute is.  https://www.businessinsider.com/xi-jinpings-battle-with-chinas-military-could-drag-us-ww3-2024-1  While explaining the December 29 purge of Chinese senior commanders unwilling to go to war, Chang makes the following statement: 

QuoteAll the conditions are in place for a third world war, Chang said: There is widespread conflict — war in Ukraine, insurgencies in Africa, Israel's war on Hamas in Gaza, and military activity in the Red Sea, Persian Gulf, and Indian Ocean.

"Remember, in the 1930s, there were separate wars that merged into what we now call World War II," he said.

"The same dynamics exist today, and it's entirely possible, and some people can even argue that it's probable that these will merge into a global conflict," Chang said.

A Chinese invasion in East Asia would drag Western countries into something larger, he predicted.

"I think that Xi Jinping is taking two pages out of Mao's Peasant Revolution playbook."

"One of them was to encircle the cities from the countryside. And in this, I think that Xi Jinping views Ukraine, north Africa, Israel as the countryside, and the United States as the city," he said.

I'm not trying to misdirect the thread but China's statement to Iran and Pakistan gives an indication of what it wants from its ally, Iran.  It hasn't said anything to rein in Iran's actions until now, when nuclear armed Pakistan has threatened consequences.

GDS_Starfury

so Pakistan seems to be hitting targets in Iran right now.....

MengJiao

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on January 16, 2024, 09:56:33 PMso who had Iran launching missiles at Pakistan on their bingo card?

Not me.  I blame Russia for opening this whole can of worms by showing that there's no superpower but the USA and we
can't afford to annihilate anybody cuz we already control everything so why blow anything up?  It will just make consummers suffer.

JasonPratt

Question: what do you get if you combine carpet bombing with modern precision?

Answer: fewer Iranian-proxy military bases across the Middle-East today.

80+ bases reported hit in the past several hours, action appears to be ongoing.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Update: most (maybe all?) ordnance was spiked down by B-1B Lancers (staging out of Lakenheath UK at least, possibly elsewhere). Time to destroy the target packages, about 30 minutes.

JasonPratt

JasonPratt