Table Top Simulator: Forbidden Stars university!

Started by W8taminute, July 11, 2017, 08:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2017, 06:07:05 AM
Didn't PanzEast go for the Space Marines earlier?

oh yeah you're right.  Sorry about that PanzEast.  I'll update my post above. 

I guess that means we have 4 players.  Now to arrange a schedule that we can all meet up with.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Chaos dictates failure for this plan.  :D

(I won't be available until tomorrow morning sometime, possibly not until early tomorrow afternoon.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2017, 04:29:58 PM

(I won't be available until tomorrow morning sometime, possibly not until early tomorrow afternoon.)

I'll check in sometime tomorrow afternoon then.

W8taminute

Quote from: Nefaro on July 14, 2017, 05:33:39 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on July 14, 2017, 04:29:58 PM

I'll check in sometime tomorrow afternoon then.

Same here.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

JasonPratt

Does look like afternoon at the moment, although should be early after-noon. (I'm passing through, and letting my ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED update.)

I added PanzEast to my friend's list, or invited rather (I'm "Sabreman" on Steam), since I hadn't done that yet somehow.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

W8taminute

Nefaro, Jason, and I met up this afternoon and had a pretty good session.  We're almost done setting up the board I think. 

PanzersEast

Sorry I missed, was out of town.  Are we going to have a regular time to meet?  I am reading up on the rules.

JasonPratt

Since we rather badly botched and then hotchpotched setting up the board, I don't think anyone would complain much if we reset. :) But we could also splice in your three board pieces somewhat easily as things are.

The main thing atm is to get together with W8 and let him walk you through the pieces and what's going on. It doesn't have to be with all of us.

Fortunately, I think turn resolution doesn't need everyone present at the same time. Unfortunately, I do think how turns are set up needs everyone together at the same time.

W8taminute

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 16, 2017, 10:05:24 AM
Since we rather badly botched and then hotchpotched setting up the board, I don't think anyone would complain much if we reset. :) But we could also splice in your three board pieces somewhat easily as things are.

The main thing atm is to get together with W8 and let him walk you through the pieces and what's going on. It doesn't have to be with all of us.

Fortunately, I think turn resolution doesn't need everyone present at the same time. Unfortunately, I do think how turns are set up needs everyone together at the same time.

There are three phases of the game:

1.  Planning phase:  everyone needs to be present in order to have everyone secretly place order tokens on the map
2.  Execution phase:  depending on how the secretly placed tokens play out we may not need everyone present
3.  Refresh phase:  not everyone needs to be there to execute the refresh phase

JasonPratt

Nefaro

I'm good with starting the map setup again, for PE to join.  I'm sure we would've made different decisions if we had done it in proper order.  ;D

At least we know how to do it now.   <:-) 

JasonPratt

W8taminute

Ok then it's settled.  All we need to do is find the time and day to meet up to setup the board.