Air Combat Links & References

Started by bayonetbrant, July 24, 2012, 07:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

Check out http://www.acig.org/artman/publish/index.shtml for some good info on air combat, especially, a lot of third-world-to-third-world dogfights
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Great find, Brant. Thanks for the link!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Great pic. A German military helicopter being offloaded from a Russian commercial transport!

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MIGMaster

I just watched a documentary on the AN-124 Sunday. It was very interesting to say the least! What a freakin' aircraft - according to the what they were saying, the Russians are thinking about doing a 2nd production run to replace aging airframes and take advantage of the demand for heavy lift aircraft. 

mirth

bob48

And the Antonov An-225 is even bigger - in fact, there is only one of 'em,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7vpahTHrkI
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Staggerwing

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Antonov now a Ukrainian company? Maybe a few dozen US orders for heavy lift aircraft would help bring the Ukraine a little closer to the Western Fold....
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bob48

Yes, you are quite right. Antonov is Ukrainian.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: MIGMaster on July 24, 2012, 11:15:48 AM
I just watched a documentary on the AN-124 Sunday. It was very interesting to say the least! What a freakin' aircraft - according to the what they were saying, the Russians are thinking about doing a 2nd production run to replace aging airframes and take advantage of the demand for heavy lift aircraft.

I used to work in logistics.

Our sales manager used to almost drool every time he talked about air freight and an Antonov. I swear it was almost an obsession to try and get a shipment to use one of those. He never did while I was there, but it wasn't from lack of trying.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.