Have any of you guys become an FFL?

Started by Staggerwing, October 02, 2012, 06:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

I'm posting this here because We don't have a dedicated firearms subforum.

I'm just wondering how difficult it was to go through the process. I'm going to start looking for a rifle again (after having to divert my designated savings for said same to other things two years ago) and I've asked several local FFL holders about receiving in an SKS and they all said they didn't accept them because of concerns about the bayonet and the 'military' style of the rifle. Even after mentioning that an SKS is covered by the C&R rules they declined. These guys were mostly retired old men working out of their houses but they were local. I'd have to drive a ways to find a gunshop that'll do it and they want $50 to $75 so I thought I'd investigate the process of getting my own FFL. maybe I could even make a few bucks on the side myself, who knows?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

eyebiter

MIGMaster

Where do you reside Stagger ? US or Canada ?

Centurion40

He's a 'Merican, eh.  He can get shit that we can't.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys