Jukebox Playlist

Started by Bison, February 07, 2013, 06:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

this one's totally stuck in my head today

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

bob48

Sorry no vid - This is for MetalDog.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Arctic Blast

Possibly my favorite Stones song :

Martok

Call me a Philistine if you wish, but I cannot f***ing stand the Rolling Stones.  Hearing Jagger's voice, combined with their annoyingly staccato/syncopated instrumentals, is like nails on a chalkboard for me. 

Quote from: Bison on May 18, 2013, 09:58:31 PM

I have to confess I didn't know til now that Shinedown's remake was, in fact, a remake.  :-[  That Lynyrd Skynyrd sang the original surprises me not at all, however. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on May 21, 2013, 01:44:10 PM
Call me a Philistine if you wish, but I cannot f***ing stand the Rolling Stones.  Hearing Jagger's voice, combined with their annoyingly staccato/syncopated instrumentals, is like nails on a chalkboard for me. 

Ooo, a challenge.  ;D Okay, what about a Stones song being done by someone else?

Keith Richards has said on numerous occasions that he prefers that version.

Martok

Sorry AB.  When it comes to the 'Stones, just about any rendition of one of their songs -- even when sung/performed by someone else -- is still fruit from the poisoned tree.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Martok on May 22, 2013, 01:27:28 PM
Sorry AB.  When it comes to the 'Stones, just about any rendition of one of their songs -- even when sung/performed by someone else -- is still fruit from the poisoned tree.  :-\

This calls for a dramatic shift!

W8taminute

Oh come on now Mick Jagger is cool man!   8)

This is one of my favorites.  You gotta love his facial expressions in this video.  Plus the line, "marrying money is a full time job, I don't need the aggravation, I'm a lazy slob" is the penultimate f-u statement to society.

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Bison

I was in a relive the 80's music mood today.

bayonetbrant

^^ yeah, but you were what, 8(maybe?) when that came out?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Nope that came out in '87.

Bison

Closer to 8

Definately in the 8 range.

Staggerwing

I had just been able to legally drink beer when Jessie's Girl first popped up on (then brand spanking new) MTV.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Bison