Age of Steam-Ireland

Started by rstites25, June 12, 2017, 08:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodall

Did either of you have 0 prestige at end of turn?

rstites25

Ah. It looks like Mike didn't. I guess that explains it.

egg_salad

I figured I boogered something up.
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer

rstites25

If you want to play again, let me know. I can set it up for you to play Sparta this time.

egg_salad

When I get back, let's talk.

l'amour

rstites25

Have you made it back to civilization yet Mike?

egg_salad

In Dublin at the moment.  I am pretty sure I wanted to increase my loco.  Can someone do that for me?

Woodall

I'm sure we can manage that. I'll do my turn when I get home tonight!

Enjoy Dublin - I heard they make a mean Dr. Pepper.

l'amour

rstites25

Quote from: egg_salad on July 06, 2017, 03:12:43 PM
In Dublin at the moment. 

That's some real dedication to the game.

Woodall

So, we're still on turn 1, right? The turn marker is confusing me. I'm just guessing we're in the 2nd half of Turn 1 because my income is 1 and not 2.

Edit: (I see now the Ireland rules have it start one to the right)

Woodall

Haha - just realized I'm going to go bankrupt. For some reason I was thinking I'd have to pay for my 1 issued share and 1 loco. Forgot that our initial cash comes from 2 standard share issuance prior to game start. Mike will bankrupt as well?

I must have no been paying any attention last game to the whole mechanics of this thing.

rstites25

Close but not quite.

Right now you're at 1 income, 3 shares, 1 loco, and $0. If you deliver another good for $1, you'll get to $2 income, which will give you $2 cash. You'll have $4 in expenses, $2 of which will come from cash and $2 will come from income reduction. That will put you back to $0 income...but not bankrupt.

Mike will be able to deliver a good for 2. He has $2 cash already, will get $2 more, and then be able to pay his $4 in expenses from cash.

rstites25

Oh. But you don't have a good to deliver???