Main Menu

Big in Friday

Started by Anguille, August 12, 2022, 03:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Working on a new campaign in Shogun 2 after losing 2 games with the Takeda  L:-). Playing as the Chosokabe...

Maybe a couple of missions of Mechs & Mercs: Black Talons and some turns of Interstellar Genesis.

Enjoy your weekend

Visited the THE SAMURAI LEGEND exposition in Bern (Switzerland) yesterday...excellent!

https://www.bhm.ch/en/exhibitions/temporary-exhibitions/the-samurai-legend

here with a video (german)

https://www.bhm.ch/fr/expositions/expositions-temporaires/le-mythe-du-samourai?chash=b3551d1224db5fb40290c4f5d4dd2786&cHash=9fa2ecde00b20e260b1dc6cc03c80366

Jarhead0331

It's going to be mostly Aurora 2.0 for me this weekend, I suspect. It has sucked me back in hard. Such an amazing little piece of software. If I can pull away, some DCS and Spider Man Remastered.

Everyone enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

I badly want to understand Sailwind, a nice little ancient-time sailing simulator (on a map with three archipelagos so far plus a few islands outside the main groups), still in beta. But I so far, my conclusion is that I suck at sailing under (something like) real physics. At least in the starting Arabic dhow.  :buck2:

So I may reload up Warhammer: Man-o-war: Corsair instead to continue my slightly-less-realistic  ^-^ sailing campaign westward along the Old World coast, looking for the dwarven cities to buy a steamship to see what that's like in the game.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Geezer

Playing Shadow Empire.  Found a couple of possible minor bugs and posted them over at Matrix, but nothing game breaking.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

W8taminute

I recently started playing Shadow Empire again as well.  Trying to remember what to do to get my initial economy jump started.

Alphaville is awesome.  Good video.

Chosokabe Motochika was my go to whenever I played Koei's 'Nobunaga's Ambition'.

Speaking of which I downloaded a SNES app for my phone and have been playing Koei's 'Liberty or Death'.  Koei had so many fun strategy games back then. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Oh, I decided to try to finish out Subnautica, too, since getting distracted years ago on other shiny things. ;)

Unfortunately, I may have soft-locked myself, by using some rare materials to build some game-finale equipment too early (which can't be used except for the finale), leaving over none for expanding into new bases and building the mid-game mobile-base.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I would love a quiet weekend to make some progress in WitE. Chances of that happening are about the same as me winning the lottery...without playing.  :o  Have a good one Grogs.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

No Man's Sky and another try at Graviteam Mius Front

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on August 12, 2022, 11:27:49 AM
No Man's Sky and another try at Graviteam Mius Front

Sounds good!  As for me...just boardgames apparently.

Tripoli

Combat Mission, BoC Work and helping with some CMO database changes.

Given I've been whining about getting my butt kicked in the FoG2 tournaments  for the past two months it's probably only fair to give a status report: I finished in the upper 40% in the FoG 2 tournament, which is better than I normally do, and finished in the bottom 40% in the FoG2 Medieval tournament, which is pretty much par for the course for me.   Some of the guys in those tournaments are really good.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Gusington

How many people are involved in those tournaments?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Gusington on August 12, 2022, 02:41:21 PM
How many people are involved in those tournaments?
There were 150 in the FoG2 and 143 in the FoG2 Medieval tournament.  Typically about 10% or so don't play than more than one game, so figure aroun 130 players who actually compete in the tournament.  This was one of the tournaments sponsored by Matrix https://www.matrixgames.com/tournaments
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

jamus34

Been on an JRPG kick lately so will likely continue with that. The siren song of Oxygen Not Included is always risking to raise its voice and entice me again.

Might try to start a fresh Shadow Empires game and or continue my Civ 6 game.
Insert witty comment here.

Gusington

Well done, Tripoli  :bd:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd