Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Modelling and Miniatures / Re: Such amazing creativity...
« Last post by Gusington on Today at 02:10:16 PM »
The tiny jets are awesome! Smuck's head will explode like the ship if he ever sees this.
Modelling and Miniatures / Such amazing creativity...
« Last post by Jarhead0331 on Today at 01:23:31 PM »
...and then only to destroy it!  :uglystupid2:

Computer Gaming / Re: Epic?
« Last post by Grim.Reaper on Today at 12:32:59 PM »
Redwolf how about one of the other Eugen games?

I don't seem to be able to search or list by developer on Epic's store :( What else they got?

In the search box, you just type in the company name....For Eugene, only Wargame: Red Dragon is available.
« Last post by Redwolf on Today at 12:11:49 PM »

I don't seem to be able to search or list by developer on Epic's store :( What else they got?
And what is with that one guy not wearing a helmet at all and just sauntering along at around the thirty second mark?? A journalist?

Most likely a referee or a medic based on the white armband. Someone definitely supporting the training, but not a part of the actual operation.
Some of those troops looked...really old to be active duty! And what is with that one guy not wearing a helmet at all and just sauntering along at around the thirty second mark?? A journalist? That little black (armored?) truck at 1:20 is awesome as well.

Observer/Controller perhaps?  We had dudes like that peepin' on us when we were doing our thing at exercises in the box at JRTC. 
Some of those troops looked...really old to be active duty! And what is with that one guy not wearing a helmet at all and just sauntering along at around the thirty second mark?? A journalist? That little black (armored?) truck at 1:20 is awesome as well.

« Last post by Gusington on Today at 11:40:12 AM »
Pretty cool video but yes I agree about the Stahlhelm.

Modern day army camo patterns look really good but all of these new helmets with cameras and apparatus on them look dorky.  We haven't developed tech yet to make helmets look as cool as WH40K or Imperial Stormtrooper helmets. 
Computer Gaming / Re: WWII Turn based Tactical Game
« Last post by MengJiao on Today at 11:17:26 AM »
I played three of the missions this morning... pretty good stuff... I have a few issues with it... the biggest one being that this is one of those fight to the death games. Pretty much every unit keeps fighting until the last man is dead. Also, sometimes cover does not seem to be very effective. So the infantry fights were about 80% casualties, and my guys kept on going. In one scenario, I had my last guy fighting the last German, trading shots until the German got lucky. But the Game does warn you it is a game and not a simulation...

Still, I had more fun with it than I have with Lock 'n Load or even one of Tiller's squad games.

I just hope they put the rest of the package together well. Scenario and map builder would cap it for me...but I suspect we won't see them. Dynamic campaign ala Close Combat series would be wonderful as well.

Anyway, looking forward to this one. Hopefully they price it reasonably.

Maybe we can hope they put a morale system in later.

There is a kind of morale system.  Fire teams and tank crews can be suppressed or stunned.  The AI side will bail or retreat when things look bad as can you.  Bailing reduces the morale impact of a knocked out tank.  Nice touch really.  Plus there's an overall morale level.  If too many teams or vehicles get eliminated...game over, you retreat.  Same for the AI.  There's also the aiming chances, even without suppression, if you're turning to get on target, your hit chances go down.  sort of a morale effect of sorts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10