Our Next Grog Fortress

Started by bayonetbrant, September 05, 2014, 10:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

I thought we wanted a Grog Fortress, not a Frog Fortress.  :))

The one in Gelderland looks nice with the pond in front. I wonder if 7 bathrooms will be enough since they'll be constantly occupied by Star and Mirth's dates taking lots of selfies.

The one in Croatia is only eight hundred K Euros. Leaves more funds for building the surrounding layered defences.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

the nice thing about the island off Ireland is that it's got defensible borders if we ever decide to declare an independent Groglandia.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Mr. Bigglesworth

Lets have some holiday ideas. Beer day comes to mind then is immediately shot down for the civil war that would follow every weekend not being beer day.
Dice day. Roll 1D20 every month.
Return to 10 months of the year,  Julius and Augustus can stuff it.
Model Day. All models are invited. Tassels optional.
Moon day. The next day. Female bikini bottoms are thongs.
Bacon day. All meals have some bacon flavor
What else?
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 20, 2014, 08:47:44 AM
the nice thing about the island off Ireland is that it's got defensible borders if we ever decide to declare an independent Groglandia.

It would be a lot of effort to field our own self-defense force. Personally, I'd let whoever's country we're in shoulder the cost.

However, we would need special dispensation to carry our own arms on our property. We'd be more like a satrapy than independent nation.

bob48

Can't remember off which coast of Ireland that island is, but if its in the Irish sea, then you can expect some pretty rough weather. Hope it has a protected harbour, or better still, a submarine pen.

If its not too far, then a Guinness pipeline would solve some supply needs.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GDS_Starfury

if were getting an island we're doing it in my region not some North Sea dick shrinking water.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

bbmike

Wait, the title of this thread is "Our Next Grog Fortress". Where's the current one?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bob48

^You mean, all this time, and no one told you?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

bbmike

No, I always seem to miss out on the secret forums/fortress stuff.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

We're in between fortresses. The last one was destroyed when one of Star's exes drove a tank through the wall.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

Third fort in a row, too. I really liked that bathroom in this last one, man. Such a waste.  :'(

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on September 20, 2014, 05:22:34 PM
We're in between fortresses. The last one was destroyed when one of Star's exes drove a tank through the wall.

LMAO

Talk about shooting the tank...

GDS_Starfury

it was Smucks job to SMAW that bitch.  dont blame me.