Darwin strikes again

Started by bayonetbrant, March 23, 2015, 10:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

http://www.wncn.com/story/28588520/drunk-driver-killed-after-being-run-over-by-own-vehicle

QuoteDrunk driver killed after being run over by own vehicle

WAKE FOREST, N.C. -
A Wake Forest man was driving drunk and recklessly in a parking lot before he fell out of his vehicle and died early Monday, according to police.

Carl Wilson Stancil was under the influence of alcohol and driving his Jeep around the parking lot of the Carolina Ale House on North Park Drive at approximately 2:30 a.m. when he lost control, struck a curb and was ejected from the Jeep, Wake Forest police said.

Stancil was run over by his own Jeep after falling out of the doorless vehicle. The Jeep continued to drive through the parking lot until one of the four passengers in the car applied the brakes.

One passenger was seriously injured.

Stancil was taken to WakeMed and pronounced dead.

Copyright WNCN 2015. All rights reserved.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

BanzaiCat

I bet he's feeling a bit run down.

Show some respect and tread lightly on the puns, guys.

LongBlade

Those are some pretty jeep shots, BC.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

I could Wrangler some more...don't tempt me. Though you would all quickly tire of such efforts.

Windigo

There auto be a ban for punnage like that.... write some computer code so it happens right of way - vehicle punnage should be autobahned.      :coolsmiley:
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

LongBlade

Quote from: Windigo on March 23, 2015, 11:59:49 AM
There auto be a ban for punnage like that.... write some computer code so it happens right of way - vehicle punnage should be autobahned.      :coolsmiley:

OK, Windy wins there internet today.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

Yeah, I couldn't top that pun even with a 4 x 4.

Staggerwing

Yeah, Willys ever top that?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Con

First he got tired and then he got exhausted

Con

bayonetbrant

Darwin candidates put to good use - organ donor ads!

and then there's this guy

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 23, 2015, 10:32:35 AM
QuoteThe Jeep continued to drive through the parking lot until one of the four passengers in the car applied the brakes.

"Don't worry, Bro! I got you with my non-beer hand!"

I will never get tired of applying that now...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 23, 2015, 10:32:35 AM
QuoteThe Jeep continued to drive through the parking lot until one of the four passengers in the car applied the brakes.

Sooooo...the vehicle kept moving...until...someone hit the...brakes...

:crazy2:

That's some Pulitzer Prize-winning writing there, folks.

bayonetbrant

Well, it could've kept moving until a tree applied the breaks. Thankyou.Thankyouverymuch. Tip your waitress on the way out

BanzaiCat

I wooden have seen that one coming.

JasonPratt

I expect there was a (possibly somewhat delayed) scramble even to get to the brakes after the driver was plopped out.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!