Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show

Started by mirth, May 26, 2015, 12:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

LOL

Well, considering the 'bad taste' of most "reality" programming, this is just par for the course.

I don't see how any of this can be reality when everyone knows everyone else is an actor. If they want REAL reality, they'll do some Candid Camera hidden set-ups, find a Jewish family, and crash into their home in the middle of the night dressed like SS troopers, then put hoods on their heads and drag them off on trucks in the middle of the night. THAT would be absolutely terrifying, reality, and overall, something justifiable to get everyone's knickers in a twist over, as opposed to this stupid shite. (I'm not saying that should be done, just that it would by far be more real than actors doing a TV show, which is pretty much this.)

The Kardashians are by far a worse offense than this. At least this might kind of possibly draw attention to history from feeble-minded youth that engross themselves in Real Housewives and other such garbage.

Nefaro

I suggest we just drop all "Reality TV" show directors & writers into their very own Reality Special.   Dump them somewhere in North Korea, unannounced, with some cameras and see how that turns out.

At the least, we would be temporarily rid of this annoying RTV trend.

mirth

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 02:32:33 PM
I suggest we just drop all "Reality TV" show directors & writers into their very own Reality Special.   Dump them somewhere in North Korea, unannounced, with some cameras and see how that turns out.

I heartily endorse this proposal.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Centurion40

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 02:32:33 PM

Nah.  The ratings would be fantastic!  It would just encourage a fresh round of reality show programming.  :crazy2:
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

LongBlade

Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.

Isn't there already a documentary on this out there? The Interview sure looked real.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

I think I'm in the minority in that I didn't like 'The Interview' at all.

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 04:07:35 PM
I think I'm in the minority in that I didn't like 'The Interview' at all.

On the bright side, you and Un-kim will have a lot in common when they drop you off for that new reality show.

BanzaiCat

It's not that it offended me; I like those guys' stuff most of the time. That movie just was flat-out not funny at all. I think there was one part where I actually chuckled, but just one.

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 04:56:50 PM
It's not that it offended me; I like those guys' stuff most of the time. That movie just was flat-out not funny at all. I think there was one part where I actually chuckled, but just one.

And I belly laughed through almost all of it. Maybe because, as a general rule, I don't watch the (mostly) C- movies Seth Rogan makes. (Is it just me? I want to spell his name "Rogaine".)

BanzaiCat

Maybe I need to see it again. I watched a bootleg copy online and the quality was passable. Then again I didn't like Seth's movie with him and his wife living next to a frat house either. Tried twice to watch it but couldn't get 20 minutes into it either time.

I did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
I did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.

This is the End was unbearable. I kept thinking it would get better but it didn't. I think its only "redeeming" value is gratuitous scenes of them smoking pot. I suppose if the audience was indulging with them it might improve the susceptibility of the humor. It also looked like it had been written in the midst of a string of joint smoking sessions.

So there is that.

BanzaiCat

What do I know. I thought Last Action Hero was a great movie.