Holiday in the Protectorate - Czech Nazi Occupation Reality Show

Started by mirth, May 26, 2015, 12:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:43:40 PM
Maybe I need to see it again. I watched a bootleg copy online and the quality was passable. Then again I didn't like Seth's movie with him and his wife living next to a frat house either. Tried twice to watch it but couldn't get 20 minutes into it either time.

I didn't think the NK movie was terribly great, but worth some chuckles.  Definitely no gut-busters, however.  Watched it all the way through, however.

QuoteI did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.

Also enjoyed This Is The End quite a bit.  I had much better laughs with it. 

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:02:29 PM
Maybe I need to see it again. I watched a bootleg copy online and the quality was passable. Then again I didn't like Seth's movie with him and his wife living next to a frat house either. Tried twice to watch it but couldn't get 20 minutes into it either time.

I didn't think the NK movie was terribly great, but worth some chuckles.  Definitely no gut-busters, however.  Watched it all the way through, however.

QuoteI did like This Is The End, though, which by all accounts is a pretty terrible film, but it entertained me from beginning to end.

Then we have it.

The world is divided into two camps: This is the End and The Interview.

The only detail yet to be resolved is who will apply for the billion dollar research grant to help us study who-goes-into-which-camp.

Nefaro

Quote from: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 10:05:49 PM

Then we have it.

The only detail yet to be resolved is who will apply for the billion dollar research grant to help us study who-goes-into-which-camp.

I want to be in the camp without people ovens and gas showers, please.

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:08:28 PM
Quote from: LongBlade on May 26, 2015, 10:05:49 PM

Then we have it.

I want to be in the camp without people ovens and gas showers, please.

Hmmm. Tough call. In one the world ends. Or maybe not but you won't be able to handle the bad acting before it's saved.

In the other you're in NK, which is arguably worse than a shower. But the bad guy dies in the end, so there is a happy ending.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 09:27:57 PM
Quote from: Banzai_Cat on May 26, 2015, 08:57:39 PM
What do I know. I thought Last Action Hero was a great movie.

You're dead to me

I thought that comment would get a rise out of you.

Centurion40

Quote from: Nefaro on May 26, 2015, 10:02:29 PM

I liked the beginning of The End ( :o), the first hour or so.  The rest fell flat for me.  I loved The Interview and busted a couple of guts.  Especially the banquet scene where the ricin kicks in.  :2funny:

Did I mention that I have a puerile sense of humour?
Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Centurion40 on May 26, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.

See??!!  The ratings would be through the roof!

They've already cast it - it's the senior commanders of the Nork Army.  You don't get voted off the island, you get chased off of it by rabid hungry dogs.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 27, 2015, 09:04:11 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on May 26, 2015, 02:49:57 PM
Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2015, 02:48:49 PM
Survivor: Pyongyang is kinda catchy.

See??!!  The ratings would be through the roof!

They've already cast it - it's the senior commanders of the Nork Army.  You don't get voted off the island, you get chased off of it by rabid hungry dogs.

Or a hail of heavy caliber Ack-ack shells.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys