Remove Cat Before Flight

Started by BanzaiCat, June 24, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Ubercat

Poor kitty!!  :o

Sometimes I really miss flying. The best landing I ever made was around 5:30AM, a foggy, bitterly cold, utterly still winter morning at ABE (Allentown-Bethlehem). About as high pressure an air condition as you could ask for. It was so gentle that it took me a couple of seconds to even realize that I was down. The fog and the dark obscured the exact position of the ground and the almost nonexistent wind and dense air made for an extremely soft touchdown.

I never would have guessed that I would end up living about 20 minutes from that airport.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

besilarius

In the early days of flight, it was smoking that caused surprises.
One early aviator, Jocko Clark (who later became Mitscher's favorite Task Group Commander) used to drive his ground crew crazy.  He'd flick his cigarette away instead of rubbing it out.  There were enough niches that the airflow would suck the burning fag into the body of the plane.
The possibility it could set the plane on fire just added to the excitement.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

JasonPratt

"...wow. I really am a magnet for French pussies!"

I really thought that might be videoshopped at first -- I don't understand where that cat could have been on that airframe to have gotten out there and not clearly have been seen.

On a closer rewatch, I understand the "chat" (yep French) was up inside the wing, between the upper and lower surfaces.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

I've got a problem with this video.  but first kudos to the pilot for having the decency to land the f'ing plane so that the kitty could be saved.

My problem:

These heartless dbags and their incessant laughter at the poor cat's plight sickens me.  People suck.  There is no compassion left in the human soul. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk