Topic change -- now checking winter track marks... what was this? Bobcat?

Started by JasonPratt, July 30, 2015, 08:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

This is just me poking fun at myself. As I was walking around outside the factory between the offices and the warehouse this morning, enjoying the greenery around us, and the deep blue sky, and the cool temperatures, and the low humidity, and a general lack of allergies, with just a touch of end-of-year smell in the air, I was thinking to myself, "Yay, fall his here! I love autumn soooo much, it's my favorite time of year, and it's here again at last, yaaaayyy, sigh..."  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Then I came inside and sat down at the desk and went back to plotting when and how various projects could be completed before...

uh...

oh, yeah.

It's only July 30th.

:crazy2:

Not that I'm complaining about it feeling like fall already outside. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far in West Tennessee -- according to one weather station (which I have some doubts about), 106 degrees and a heat index of 135 when we sent the guys home early afternoon.  :o

But man, I was ready to weep manly tears for fall being here again at last a few minutes ago; and now I'm bummed we've got all of August and some of September still to go.  :buck2:

Anyone else having an early autumn experience today/this week?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

I also like fall, but nope, we had a cool & rainy week.  Now the sun is shining and the temperatures are starting to climb.
Any time is a good time for pie.

mirth

Been 80F or higher all week with high humidity. We're in the dog days of summer now. I look forward to autumn.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

The only reason that I don't look forward to autumn is because of what comes after it.

*actual photo from in front of my house

panzerde

^ I thought for a minute that was a picture of Barthheart's house right now.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Well, considering that Cent is nearly due west of you some of it was probably the same snow!
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mirth

Last winter was rough, but I'd take it over the swamp-like conditions I'm currently enduring. Pretty sure I have malaria.

LongBlade

Daughter #2 came home today and was jumping for joy - she saw the first tree with a tip of red on it. The leaves they are a changing.

Wife #1 says it's supposed to be an el niño year so the winter is supposed to be mild. After the last two winters we deserve one.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

It seems like an El Nino year. It's been a weird summer. Muggy, damp, not overly hot.

A mild winter would be welcome.

Centurion40

Quote from: mirth on July 30, 2015, 08:58:00 PM
It seems like an El Nino year. It's been a weird summer. Muggy, damp, not overly hot.

A mild winter would be welcome.

It's been a fairly temperate summer for us too.  Not overly (no more than usual) muggy.  But we are entering the bloom of fruit fly season, which comes at the most humid time of the year.

Regarding the winter, I am hopeful that global climate change will bring us Carolina-esque or Bermuda-esque weather before I die.  I still want a palm tree in my back yard.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 31, 2015, 09:34:25 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on July 31, 2015, 07:17:45 AMbring us Carolina-esque

there's 11 houses for sale in the neighborhood here...
just sayin'

Sheeet man!  We've got 20!  :P  I just did a MLS search!