Phat Gus!

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, September 03, 2020, 08:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

Gusington

Would you believe me if I told you I have already seen that? There is a constant battle on our deck between my daughters and many well-fed varmints.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

airboy

A twenty gage shotgun solves squirrel problems.

If you have nosy neighbors, a subsonic pellet rifle with a 10x scope will also rid your property of squirrel's.

Ground squirrel's can be eliminated via miniature Schnauzer's. 

Gusington

I don't want to kill them, I just want them to leave some food for the birds.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

I think you should get a couple of cats, dress them in Roman centurion helmets, set them loose in the backyard and document the whole thing.  (Bonus points if you can get the squirrels in ninja masks and give the birds Air Force roundels)

MetalDog

Quote from: Gusington on September 03, 2020, 09:05:01 PM
I don't want to kill them, I just want them to leave some food for the birds.

You should really reconsider that, Gus.  Squirrels are one step below raccoons on the, 'really cute, furry, varmints that need to die despite the crap the female(s) in your life will give you for it,' category.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

I am outnumbered by females.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on September 03, 2020, 09:59:25 PM
I think you should get a couple of cats, dress them in Roman centurion helmets, set them loose in the backyard and document the whole thing.  (Bonus points if you can get the squirrels in ninja masks and give the birds Air Force roundels)

Now that's entertainment!

Sir Slash

I too have the squirrel problem with my bird feeder. But I've got one trained at least. I leave a little bit of seed in the pan below the feeder or other stuff like bread crumbs or even French Fries. That's for the squirrels. It's their, 'tribute' for leaving the feeder alone. If they violate the feeder zone, they get a warning shake of my BB gun and if that doesn't work, they get the BB's. One squirrel, a female I think, obeys the rules scrupulously and never gets a shot. She even sits perfectly still while I peck at the other squirrels that don't obey the rules. As long as she's in the pan she's safe. And she stays there. Sometimes she even comes over to check it's me sitting outside before she heads over to the pan, like she's checking in first.  ;D  The rest of the pack are untrainable however and so I keep plenty of BB's on hand.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Maybe we can send that female up here to hold a seminar for ours.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 04, 2020, 12:45:55 PM
I too have the squirrel problem with my bird feeder. But I've got one trained at least. I leave a little bit of seed in the pan below the feeder or other stuff like bread crumbs or even French Fries. That's for the squirrels. It's their, 'tribute' for leaving the feeder alone. If they violate the feeder zone, they get a warning shake of my BB gun and if that doesn't work, they get the BB's. One squirrel, a female I think, obeys the rules scrupulously and never gets a shot. She even sits perfectly still while I peck at the other squirrels that don't obey the rules. As long as she's in the pan she's safe. And she stays there. Sometimes she even comes over to check it's me sitting outside before she heads over to the pan, like she's checking in first.  ;D  The rest of the pack are untrainable however and so I keep plenty of BB's on hand.  O0

I think you should get a high powered pellet rifle and thin the squirrel herd of those who cannot learn.  If you have nosy neighbors, use a sub-sonic pellet rifle.  You seem grossly undergunned for the enemy.

See: https://www.amazon.com/Gamo-6110017154-Varmint-Rifle-177/dp/B01APG0SXW/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&hvadid=77859298161377&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&hvqmt=b&keywords=gamo%2Bwhisper%2Bsilent%2Bcat%2Bair%2Brifle%2B22&qid=1599246948&sr=8-1&tag=mh0b-20&th=1

comment on this gun:
It depends what kind of ammo you use. I found using any pellets besides lead will produce a sonic crack that I wouldn't feel comfortable with shooting in my backyard. With lead pellets, the noise is minimal. Even if noise wasn't a factor I would only recommend using lead as I found every non-lead pellet has really bad accuracy. As for it being loud as a .22, i'm not sure if you mean .22 pellet or .22 LR bullet. In general, I would say .22 pellets are quieter than .177 as they are heavier and slower rounds that don't break the sound barrier. Neither of them compare to anywhere near being as loud as a .22 LR. see less
By Gunnar on October 31, 2018

With a lead pellet in, it makes the sound of the spring releasing which is a little loud but not the sound of a 22 and you wont need hearing protection. Now, with no lead in it, firing off (not suggested) the gun empty will make a pretty decent pop. In fact, my wife heard the gun go off without a pellet in it and the next time I went to fire the gun with a pellet in, she planned ed her fingers in both ears because she claimed it was really loud previously.

Hope this helps!   :bd:

Sir Slash

Are we talking regular pesky squirrels here or those big Fox Squirrels? Cause some of them are big enough to get in a car and drive themselves to the Feed Store.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.