Motorists in Canada Warned to Not Let Moose Lick their Cars

Started by Labbug, November 24, 2020, 09:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Sir Slash

:2funny:  Damn, they just don't want us to have ANY fun anymore do they? Let me get this straight, which IS hard for me, THEY put salt on the roads, but it's OUR fault if the Moose licks it off our vehicle? As big as that guy is, I'm not going to argue with him over anything he wants to do. I'd be glad he's just licking and not kicking know what I mean?  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Pete Dero

I don't think this is mentioned in the article but road salt is poisonous for a moose if the take it in larger quantities.

So the guidance to stop the moose from licking cars (they have always taken in salt but now they have learned this shortcut) is for the benefit of the moose.

Sir Slash

Yes, it mentioned that it wasn't good for them. Doesn't surprise me, Road Salt isn't good for the cars either. Getting the Moose to understand this is another story altogether.  :hide:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

So who's going to stop the moose from licking the road?   :crazy2:
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Not me. Couple of guys I used to work with would probably give a try to rubbing salt all over their bodies and then.... never mind, I won't go there.  :hide:

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quote from: steve58 on November 24, 2020, 04:01:44 PM
So who's going to stop the moose from licking the road?   :crazy2:

They lick the roads too.  A fair number of people get killed each year after driving into a moose.  They are just tall enough that the front bumper sweeps the leg, Johnny and the body of the moose goes straight through the windshield.