Author Topic: Castle Itter -- sequel to Pavlov's House  (Read 755 times)

Offline steve58

• Landsknecht
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell

If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you’re probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time.   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
Re: Castle Itter -- sequel to Pavlov's House
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:07:58 AM »
Hopefully this means some of his other things (including Pavlov's House!) will be on the way eventually!

I also noticed that this is called part of the "DVG" franchise. It would sure be nice to see proper PC adaptations of DVG's stable of games...  :smitten: :dreamer:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Online Grim.Reaper

• Crossbowman
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 12:24:55 PM »
Hopefully this means some of his other things (including Pavlov's House!) will be on the way eventually!

I also noticed that this is called part of the "DVG" franchise. It would sure be nice to see proper PC adaptations of DVG's stable of games...  :smitten: :dreamer:

Pavlov house was already released on steam awhile ago…..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1531040/Pavlovs_House/

Offline ArizonaTank

• Man-at-Arms
  • Honus Wagner - "The Flying Dutchman"
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 08:14:58 AM »

++1 
Honus Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Offline JasonPratt

• Arquebusier
  • Now let us see what the future will bring...
    • The Evangelical Universalist
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 12:01:04 PM »
Pavlov house was already released on steam awhile ago…..

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1531040/Pavlovs_House/

Oh, yeah, I wasn't dreaming after all! -- I don't know why I didn't find that when I searched for it, though!  :notworthy:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in chronological order. Lots and lots of order...

Dawn of Armageddon -- a narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse: The Hunt Begins: Insert Joke Here!

Survive Harder! In the grim darkness of the bowl there is only, um, Amazons. And tentacles and midgets. Not remotely what you're thinking! ...okay, maybe a little remotely.

PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Season One complete; Fantasy Wars AAR, lots of screenies.

Offline Philistine

• Velites
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 04:55:20 AM »
...when German and American forces teamed up at the end of WWII.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1568240/Castle_Itter__The_Strangest_Battle_of_WWII/

It's really a fascinating story about the battle.  First time I'd ever heard of it was just reading about it on Tim Stone's new site (in the context of the game), and then googling it a bit.

Apparently, there is a movie in pre-production now about it, based on Stephen Harding's book:  The Last Battle: When U.S. and German Soldiers Joined Forces in the Waning Hours of World War II in Europe

--Philistine

Offline Dammit Carl!

• Man-at-Arms
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »
"Lions Led by Donkeys," podcast covered this event in an entertaining way - it's certainly something I never knew about.