Patrol Boat TV series - 80s Australian navy

Started by Destraex, April 30, 2021, 06:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

I just watched the first episode of "Sea Patrol" on our TV station here. Sea Patrol is a newish TV series about the crew of an Australian patrol boat. It ran for 68 episodes from 2007.

Below is the predecessor to that show. Patrol Boat. It ran for 26 episodes from 1979-83. It's going to be interesting seeing how the navy "sees" itself in comparison to today. The big change of course is the addition of a second gender to the navy. This seems to have turned Sea Patrol into a drama that they injected romantic tension. But then you have Patrol Boat from the 80s where the tension is all about getting off the boat and at the nurses.

What I can tell you is that the characters from the newer Sea Patrol seem much more like wet hens than the older series characters.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

RichardBrown

Patrol Boat is an old series; if I remember it right, the scenario was really interesting.

leshiamasullo

Hey, I remember this old TV show. It was really good when I was a kid. I was watching every episode of Patrol Boat. Last week i read the information at the authorized site tvcancelrenew.com that BBC producers are discussing the possibility of remaking this old TV show. The pilot version will be released in December of 2022, but with the COVID-19 pandemic crisis and war in Ukraine, I think they will release the pilot series no sooner than in February of 2023. Anyways I will wait for this tv show, and I hope they will make a good remake of the original series.