Blau I: July 1, 1942

Started by MengJiao, May 02, 2021, 07:23:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

Yes, its the first phase of Fall Blau or Blau I -- Take Voronezh!

So here on turn 2, Army Group South is trying to break into the "Operational Depths"...The game (quite correctly) dumps a ton of newly-built Russian Tank Corps on this first stage of Blau, but the Germans have lots of air strikes so they should make it to Voronezh on schedule:

demjansk1942

Nice picture of a game with counters, what game is this?  Fall Blau?  Just guessing, I don't have many two player war games would love to play

MengJiao

Quote from: demjansk1942 on May 03, 2021, 04:25:17 AM
Nice picture of a game with counters, what game is this?  Fall Blau?  Just guessing, I don't have many two player war games would love to play

This is Greg Blanchett's Fall Blau.  He read a lot of Glantz so the Russians have plenty of reasonable tank corps at least early on up around Voronezh.

I didn't get to Voronezh on time in the smaller scenario so I'm running a map A to see if I can get there on schedule if the Russians have a bigger front to cover.  So far it is working.  Photos later.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on May 03, 2021, 07:41:32 AM
Quote from: demjansk1942 on May 03, 2021, 04:25:17 AM

This is Greg Blanchett's Fall Blau.  He read a lot of Glantz so the Russians have plenty of reasonable tank corps at least early on up around Voronezh.

I didn't get to Voronezh on time in the smaller scenario so I'm running a map A to see if I can get there on schedule if the Russians have a bigger front to cover.  So far it is working.  Photos later.

Working better...but not a scenario win...this is turn 4 and I'm not going to be in Voronezh: